Creamy lemonade is a fun and simple twist on a classic summer drink. Serve yours up in a cold glass full of ice.
If you love my Frozen Whipped Lemonade then you are going to adore this creamy lemonade recipe. Made with condensed milk and fresh lemon juice, this drink is creamy, sweet, and tangy.
Lemonade is such a family favorite over here that we can't seem to get enough of it. Fun and unique variations like Pickle Lemonade, Strawberry Pink Lemonade, and Orange Lemonade keep finding their way into our fridge and this condensed milk lemonade is one that we all agree deserves more recognition.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- Minimal ingredients. You only need 4 ingredients to make this drink, making it perfect for when you want something quick and easy.
- No stove or microwave is needed. Unlike my other lemonade recipes where we need a cooked Simple Syrup Recipe for the sweetener, this drink doesn't need it. The condensed milk is already sweetened so there's no need to dissolve sugars.
- It's fast to make! Just open a can and whisk everything together in a pitcher. You can have a pitcher full of this TikTok lemonade in just moments flat.
Condensed milk- Use a can of sweetened condensed milk for this lemonade. This will be what gives us the sweetener that our drink needs and the creamy appearance and taste we expect.
Ice cubes- Make sure to use plenty of ice cubes to fill the pitcher. They not only help to keep the drink chilled, but they also help to stir everything together when we mix.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Lemon juice. If you don't have real lemons on hand, you can use concentrate in a pinch. You can also use it to bring the fresh lemon juice up to the required measurement so you can keep that strong lemon flavor.
Condensed Milk. For a nondairy version or vegan-friendly version, you can swap out the condensed milk with condensed coconut milk or full-fat coconut milk.
Add some fun color with a splash of grenadine syrup.
This lemonade is perfect for the whole family, kids included. But if you'd like an adult only version, you can simply add some vodka to your creamy lemonade.
Step 1: Add your sweetened condensed milk to the bottom of a large pitcher.
Step 2: Add in your lemon juice.
Step 3: Whisk well to combine. Make sure to get the edges of the pitcher, as the condensed milk may stick there.
Step 4: Add in enough ice to fill the pitcher.
Step 5: Pour in some cold water to bring the mixture to the top of the pitcher.
Step 6: Stir well with a long spoon or whisk to mix the drink evenly.
Step 7: Pour into glasses and serve with fresh lemon slices.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Make sure that you use sweetened condensed milk for this recipe. Do not substitute evaporated milk in this recipe. It will NOT turn out the same.
If you would like your drink to taste even sweeter you can add in ¼-1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
To squeeze more juice out of fresh lemons, a tip I like to use is microwaving them for about 10-30 seconds. Then before slicing them in half, roll them back and forth along the counter while pushing down on them, like you're rolling out a dough log. This helps to get more juice out of the lemons.
If you don't have real lemons on hand, you can use concentrate in a pinch. You can also use it to bring the fresh lemon juice up to the required measurement so you can keep that strong lemon flavor.
This lemonade is good for up to 2-3 days but is best when served fresh. Make sure you keep it stored in the fridge when not being used. Note that it may separate as it ages. Just stir together to mix everything back up.
Lemon and dairy don't normally go together because that will lead to curdled milk and a sour taste. That said, condensed milk can be mixed with lemon juice like in this recipe and still be fine.
Lemonade is traditionally made with lemon juice, sugar, and water, but in our recipe, we replace the sugar with condensed milk for a creamy sweetness.
Traditional lemonade can be frozen, but this condensed milk lemonade should not be frozen. Freezing and thawing will lead to curdled milk and sad results. Freezing into popsicles and eating them while frozen may work, though.
❤️ More Delicious Beverage Recipes
If you tried this creamy lemonade, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk ($2.58)
- 1 ½ cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (7-8 large lemons) ($4.76)
- 4 cups Ice Cubes ($0.00)
- 2 cups Water ($0.00)
- Add your sweetened condensed milk to the bottom of a large pitcher.
- Add in your lemon juice.
- Whisk well to combine. Make sure to get the edges of the pitcher, as the condensed milk may stick there.
- Add in enough ice to fill the pitcher.
- Pour in some cold water to bring the mixture to the top of the pitcher.
- Stir well with a long spoon or whisk to mix the drink evenly.
- Pour into glasses and serve with fresh lemon slices.
- For lemon juice, you can use lemon concentrate.
- For a non-dairy or vegan version, replace condensed milk with condensed coconut milk or full-fat coconut milk.
- Add grenadine syrup for a colorful twist.
- For an adult version, add vodka to the creamy lemonade.
- Use sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated milk.
- If you prefer a sweeter taste, add ¼-1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- To extract more juice from fresh lemons, microwave them for 10-30 seconds, then roll them before slicing.
- You can use lemon concentrate to supplement fresh lemon juice for a stronger lemon flavor.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2-3 days, but it's best when served fresh.
- Stir together if it separates as it ages.