These chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats are a delicious treat when you want something sweet, savory, chewy, and crunchy.
Every bite is a perfect blend of flavors and textures that will have you swooning at first bite.
– 1/4 cup butter – 5 cup mini marshmallows – 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal – 1/2 cup peanut butter – 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
– In a large pot over low heat melt your butter.
– Add in the mini marshmallows and mix until melted.
– Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until well blended.
– Stir in cereal and mix until all is evenly distributed.
– Press into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
– In a microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each until smooth. This should take 1-2 minutes.
– Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the rice crispy treats and spread into an even layer to coat it well.
– Let the chocolate set and harden before slicing into squares and serving.