Strawberries and cream overnight oats are a sweet way to start your day. Like a dessert for breakfast, only healthier!
Strawberries and cream are one of my favorite flavor combinations so it makes sense to recreate them in some tasty morning oats. This strawberries and cream overnight oats recipe is a wonderful combination of creamy and flavorful in every bite.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- It's ready when you are. Just stir them together before bed and wake up to creamy oats that are ready to eat. Perfect for a faster morning routine or perfect for a breakfast on the go.
- It's pretty cheap to make. We make these strawberry cream overnight oats for less than $1 and the serving size is pretty huge. You may be able to make two meals for the price of one!
- It's a great breakfast option! Made with natural sweeteners, fresh berries, fibrous oats, and protein-packed Greek yogurt, this recipe is one you can feel good about eating!
Old fashioned oats- This is the base of the recipe. These oats will soak up liquid overnight to soften without the need to cook them. For more recipes using oats be sure to check out our Birthday Cake Overnight Oats and Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats.
Greek yogurt- Adding Greek yogurt will make the oatmeal thicker, and creamier.
Heavy cream- Adding in heavy cream will give us a little more richness in the consistency.
Strawberries- Use fresh or frozen strawberries for a fresh berry taste. We like to use fresh strawberries when they're cheap and in season, and then opt for frozen berries when they're out of season. After a night in the fridge, they're perfectly thawed!
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Oats. I have had great success using old fashioned oats and steel cut oats as well as quick cook steel cut oats (the kind that are chopped into smaller pieces). The difference in texture is pretty minimal. You can see more about How to Make Overnight Oats here.
Milk. You can use whole milk, low fat milk, almond milk, coconut milk or any other milk of choice. Even water or coffee creamer can work well in a pinch. Unsweetened almond milk is our favorite.
Sweetener. Healthier sweetener options include honey and maple syrup but you can also choose to use agave or a low-carb liquid sugar substitute.
Yogurt. You can use any plain or flavored yogurt of choice. Our go-to is Greek Yogurt, but regular yogurts can be used too. We really enjoy Honey flavored Greek yogurt (it's our favorite). You can also omit the yogurt and just add in another ¼ cup of milk.
If desired, you can heat your overnight oatmeal in a microwave safe bowl in the morning for about 1-2 minutes. While overnight oats are traditionally enjoyed chilled, they are just as tasty (if not more so) when warmed!
🔪 Instructions for Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
Step 1: Whisk together the milk, heavy cream, yogurt, vanilla, salt, and maple syrup in a bowl until blended.
Step 2: Stir in the chia seeds, if using.
Step 3: Stir in the oats and mix until combined.
Step 4: Stir in strawberry pieces until distributed.
Step 5: Pour the oat mixture into a sealed container and place into the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Step 6: In the morning, add more milk (or creamer) to adjust the oat mixture to your liking (or eat it thick).
🍴 Recipe Tips
Chia seeds are optional
Adding chia seeds is optional but can be a great way to get additional benefits from your meal.
Chia seeds will absorb some of the liquid in the oats, so in the morning they will be pretty thick. You can thin down your oats to your desired consistency by stirring in additional milk.
Your overnight oats are good for 5 days in the fridge so if desired, you can meal prep for the week on Sunday and not have to worry about breakfast again until Saturday.
⏲️Make Ahead Instructions
You can eat your oats right after they've been mixed together, but the oats will be chewy. Letting them sit for at least 4 to 6 hours is ideal for a better texture and consistency as it will take several hours for the oats to absorb the liquid in the oats.
💭 Recipe FAQs
These oats are a great alternative to many other breakfast foods. Packed with protein, fiber, and fruits this overnight oats recipe is a great way to feel fuller longer.
You can freeze overnight oats in the freezer for up to 3 months but when you do this, make sure that they're in freezer-friendly single-serving containers. Let thaw overnight in the fridge before serving. Some ingredients (like berries) will change in texture once thawed.
I recommend not keeping overnight oats in the fridge for more than 5 days for the best rating results. Oats with berries mixed in them usually do best when eaten within 3 days, but you can always just add the berries before serving too.
❤️ More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
If you tried this Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- ¼ cup Milk ($0.05)
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy cream or vanilla flavored coffee creamer ($0.06)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt ($0.32)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract ($0.02)
- 1 pinch Salt ($0.01)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Maple syrup ($0.04)
- ½ teaspoon Chia seeds *optional ($0.02)
- ¾ cups Old fashioned oats ($0.09)
- 1-2 Strawberries, diced ($0.18)
- Whisk together the milk, heavy cream, yogurt, vanilla, salt, and maple syrup in a bowl until blended.
- Stir in the chia seeds, if using.
- Stir in the oats and mix until combined. Stir in strawberry pieces until distributed.
- Pour the oat mixture into a sealed container and place into the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, add more milk (or creamer) to adjust the oat mixture to your liking (or eat it thick).