This maple bacon dip is a perfect blend of sweet and savory goodness in every bite. Homemade caramelized bacon, maple syrup, and rich cream cheese come together like never before. Serve this dip as an appetizer or for brunch!
Who wouldn't enjoy a delicious bite of this bacon breakfast dip? It's soooo gosh darn tasty and addicting.
While I normally opt for a sweeter dip like Peanut Butter Yogurt Fruit Dip or Creamy Vanilla Fruit Dip, I love the salty sweet combination in this dip more. With so much flavor in every bowl, it's hard to resist eating it with a spoon.
It's a flavor-packed creation that brings together the irresistible combination of crispy bacon and sweet maple syrup, resulting in a creamy, dreamy dip that's perfect for snacking or party appetizers.
This dip works well with everything, from potato chips to apple slices, delivering a one-of-a-kind flavor experience that's bound to make your taste buds do a happy dance.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- It tastes great with anything. This maple cream cheese dip is perfect for serving up at brunch with fresh fruits or waffle dippers. It's also just as incredible with salty butter crackers like Ritz.
- Great for any occasion. Serve it up whenever you want or use it as a snack while tailgating during the game. There's no wrong time for this tasty brunch dip.
- It's easy to make. Minimal ingredients and simple steps make this recipe one of our favorites.
Bacon slices- You will need sliced bacon for this recipe. You can use flavored bacon like maple or hardwood smoked bacon, but we love the hickory bacon flavor with this sweet dip.
Cream cheese- This will be the rich and creamy base of the recipe.
Powdered sugar- Add some sweetness without changing the consistency by using a smooth powdered sugar.
Brown sugar- Brown sugar will help to caramelize the bacon and add a nice depth of flavor.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Step 1: On a foil lined baking sheet with a metal wire rack on top, lay down your bacon slices and top with half of the brown sugar and maple syrup. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Step 2: Cream together the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl until smooth.
Step 3: Add in the remaining brown sugar and maple syrup
Step 4: When the bacon is cooked, cut it into small pieces and add to the bowl of cream cheese, reserving a few pieces for garnishing the top of the dip.
Step 5: Cover and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Serve with sliced apples, crackers, chips, etc. Enjoy!
📖 Air Fryer Bacon
Air Fryer Caramelized Bacon. If desired you can cook your bacon in the air fryer! Place a piece of foil down and rub both sides of the bacon in brown sugar and maple syrup (just half of each). Then take the bacon and place it into the air fryer. Cook at 370 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until crispy.
🍴 Recipe Tips
This dip is best served cold.
Make sure to cover the bottom of your baking sheet with foil for an easier cleanup.
You will make about 2 cups worth of dip out of this maple bacon dip recipe.
⏲️ Make Ahead Instructions
You can make this maple bacon cream cheese in advance. Simply make it and keep it stored well covered in the fridge. It should be good for up to 4 days but tastes best when made up to 48 hours in advance because the flavors have longer to develop.
This maple bacon dip goes really well with fruit like sliced apples, graham crackers, Eggo waffles, Club Crackers, and Ritz crackers too!
If your bacon isn't crispy after 15 minutes then you probably used a thicker cut than I did. Increase the baking time by another 15-20 minutes, checking on it every 5 minutes or so until done.
Absolutely! While I love the air fryer method and the oven-baked bacon, you can just as easily cook it on the stovetop if preferred.
❤️ More Delicious Appetizer Recipes
If you tried this Maple Bacon Dip, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Maple Bacon Dip
- 6 slices Bacon ($2.16)
- 8 ounce Cream cheese, softened ($1.98)
- ½ cup Butter ($0.75)
- ¾ cups Powdered sugar ($0.17)
- ¼ cup Brown sugar ($0.18)
- ¼ cup Maple syrup ($0.32)
- On a foil lined baking sheet with a metal wire rack on top, lay down your bacon slices and top with half of the brown sugar and maple syrup. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add in the remaining brown sugar and maple syrup
- When the bacon is cooked, cut it into small pieces and add to the bowl of cream cheese, reserving a few pieces for garnishing the top of the dip.
- Cover and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with sliced apples, crackers, chips, etc. Enjoy!
- Make ahead instructions. You can prep this dip in advance and keep it stored in a covered container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- This dip makes about 2 cups worth.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- This dip is best served chilled, no heating required.
- This dip tastes great served with sliced apples, mini eggo waffles, graham crackers, club crackers, and ritz crackers too!
- Covering the bottom of your baking sheet with foil before adding the wire rack on top will help the clean-up process.
- Depending on the thickness and cut of your bacon you may need a longer cook time. cook up to 35 minutes if needed.