Looking for a perfect DIY pumpkin creamer that doesn't take much? You're going to love this recipe! I swear it's better than the bottles or standing in line.
What started as a mad dash to make creamer one morning for my black coffee turned into a pumpkin spice creamer recipe I enjoy making over and over again.
This pumpkin spice creamer has everything from real pumpkin to spices, flavor, sweetness, and creaminess. It's not as sweet as the storebought, but it also doesn't leave that weird aftertaste in your mouth either (or maybe that's just me?)
I'm a momma that can't live without coffee. If I go too long without it I get caffeine withdrawal migraines, so having this recipe handy is perfect for when I forget to pick up a bottle of creamer at the store. The fact that it doubles as a seasonal treat is just a bonus.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- It's cheaper than storebought. You can make a batch of this pumpkin creamer for less than $3, which is far cheaper than buying a bottle of store-bought creamer.
- You can enjoy it year-round. Why wait for fall to enjoy pumpkins? If you love pumpkin flavored coffee, enjoy it year round by making your own homemade creamer.
- It's easy to make. This coffee creamer is so easy to make that you can whip up a batch within minutes whenever the mood strikes.
Milk- You will need some milk or half and half to make this creamer. While low fat milks can be used, whole fat or higher fat milk is better at cutting the bitterness in coffee.
Sweetened condensed milk- For added sweetness, a can of condensed milk works perfectly and blends into the creamer easier.
Pumpkin puree- Use some fresh pumpkin puree for a delicious taste of Fall.
Pumpkin Pie Spice- For that warm spice flavor you know and expect, you'll want to add in some pumpkin pie spice.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Step 1: In a medium sized saucepan, mix together all of the ingredients over medium heat.
Step 2: Whisk until smooth and then remove from heat.
Step 3: Allow to cool.
Step 4: Use as needed and keep stored in a closed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Stir or shake before each use.
🍴 Recipe Tips
This DIY coffee creamer recipe is so simple and easy that you really don't need to know much else. The heating of the creamer simply makes the ingredients dissolve and mix together more smoothly. It doesn't need to be warmed.
If you allow your coffee to rest for too long (about as long as it takes to get cold) then you may notice some of the contents settling at the bottom of your cup. Just stir it back in and you'll be fine.
Absolutely! Use whatever you have on hand just as long as it isn't the canned pumpkin pie filling as that is WAY different.
Yes, almond milk or other dairy free milk would be great in this recipe.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Creamer is similar in flavor, but it may have a fresher taste with natural ingredients compared to some store-bought versions.
❤️ More Delicious Coffee Recipes
If you tried this Homemade Pumpkin Spice Creamer, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- 2 cups Milk or Half and Half ($0.38)
- 1 can (14oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk ($1.44)
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Puree ($0.38)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract ($0.02)
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup ($0.04)
- ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice ($0.05)
- Mix everything together in a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk until the mixture is combined. It will all be dissolved and mixed before the mixture becomes warm, so once it reaches this point, simply turn of the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Use as needed and keep stored in a container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Shake or stir before use as contents may settle.