Sweet, tangy, crispy, juicy, and easy-- all the things you want in a homemade chicken wing recipe and everything you're going to enjoy about these simple and wonderful honey lemon pepper wings!
These delicious and crispy lemon pepper wings are the perfect appetizer for tailgating or simple celebrations. With just a few pantry ingredients and some chicken wings, you can have a batch of sweet and tangy chicken wings in the oven in no time flat.
These honey lemon chicken wings are almost always gone as fast as they are made, but the leftovers the next day are even better! So make them a day in advance or stash some aside and enjoy them all over again.
- Thawed Chicken Wings
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning Mix
- Lemon Juice
- Back Pepper
- Olive Oil
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
🍴 Recipe Tips
What I truly love most about this honey lemon pepper chicken wings recipe is that it's just tossing everything together in a bowl and tossing it in the oven. No complicated steps, no flour, no patting the chicken dry or brining it for several hours... just simple steps and simple ingredients.
That said if you truly wanted to enjoy a brined chicken wing recipe, my beer brined wings are really good too. I'd say that these lemon pepper wings and the beer brine are our top 2 favorites around here.
If you do want the skin a little crisper, just turn on the broil after they've cooked and let them sit there for about 1 minute or 2. Keep a close eye though because burnt isn't always a good flavor.
You can store your leftover chicken wings in the fridge in an airtight container for about 3-5 days. Just reheat and eat when you're ready.
Check out how to make honey lemon pepper wings with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Set the pan aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon pepper, honey, and black pepper with a whisk until well mixed.
- Toss in the chicken wings and mix to coat well.
- Lay the coated chicken wings on the prepared baking sheet in a nice and even layer (or as best as you can).
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature is at least 160 degrees F and the skin looks crisp.
- Serve warm.
More great recipes to try
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts and Bacon
- Simple Pear Muffins
- Mango Banana Bread
- Beer Brine Chicken Wings
- How to Make Meat Roses
- Instant Pot Kraft Mac and Cheese
- Grilled Fluffernutter
- Easy Spiced Pear Cobbler
Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings, thawed ($4.97)
- ½ cup honey ($1.12)
- 2 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning ($0.30)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice ($0.12)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper ($0.05)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ($0.13)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the honey, lemon pepper, lemon juice, black pepper, and olive oil until well mixed.
- Toss the chicken wings in the mixture until well coated and then spread them out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the internal temperature reaches at least 160 degrees F and the skin is looking crisp and caramelized.
- Serve warm.