If you're looking for a simple and filling recipe with hardly any effort, then it doesn't get easier than this Instant Pot Chili Recipe. With just 5 ingredients and a few minutes of time, you can have a hearty meal in no time.
This recipe is perfect for busy days or cold afternoons when you just need a hearty and warm bowl of thick chili to help warm your insides. With this simple chili recipe, you can have a bowl in no time flat, and it'll taste like it slow cooked for hours.
Making chili in the Instant Pot is one of my new favorite ways to do it. With such an easy process, I can have cornbread and chili started and finished at the same time, giving me a fast lunch option with minimal effort.
Why This Recipe Works
- You can customize it. I love that this simple Instant Pot chili recipe is so basic and "to the roots," keeping it simple, honest, and to the point. It also allows room for personalization to make the dish more unique to your own preferences as well.
- It's simple. With just 5 ingredients, you can have your meal prepped and cooking in no time. This one pot chili recipe is something you'll look forward to any day of the week.
- It's fast! It comes as no surprise that this meal is pretty quick. Instant Pots cook at a much faster rate than most other cooking methods. This recipe cooks up in less than 30 minutes.
Ground Beef- You will want to use some ground meat for this recipe. I prefer round beef, but you can use ground turkey for a leaner option.
Onion- Add in an onion for added flavor depth and natural sweetness to counter the acids.
Diced Tomatoes- Adding in diced tomatoes will give us a nice flavor and textural contrast to all of the meat and beans.
Canned Kidney Beans- Use kidney beans or a blend of different bean varieties for a flavorful chili packed with protein.
Taco Seasoning- You will need some taco seasoning mix to help flavor this recipe. You can use storebought taco seasoning or Homemade Taco Seasoning.
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make 5 ingredient Instant Pot chili with these simple step-by-step instructions:
In your Instant Pot, saute the ground beef and onion on Saute Mode until the onions are cooked and the meat is browned (about 10 minutes).
Drain the grease and add in the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
Close the lid and set it to High Pressure for 5 minutes with a 5 minute Natural Pressure Release.
Release the remaining pressure in the pot and open the lid.
Stir to combine the chili and then serve warm with your favorite toppings and side dishes.
🍴 Recipe Tips
You can use taco seasoning or chili seasoning in this 5 ingredient chili recipe. I chose to use a storebought packet of McCormick chili seasoning, but you can use homemade blends, storebought, or your favorite taco/chili seasoning combination.
If you aren't a fan of kidney beans, other canned beans like black beans, pinto, or chili beans work great. You can even mix and match for more variety in your bowl.
I like to serve my chili with a side of cornbread or tortilla chips. Topping it off with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and sliced green onions really make for a tasty dish that hits all the right spots.
Leftover chili can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Just reheat until warmed through before eating and top with your favorite toppings.
Here are some more great Instant Pot recipes to try
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chicken Quarters
- Instant Pot Steamed Brussel Sprouts
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
5 Ingredient Instant Pot Chili
- 1 pound Ground beef 80/20 ($3.37)
- 1 small Onion, diced ($0.70)
- 3 cans (14.5 ounce) Diced tomatoes ($2.16)
- 3 cans Kidney beans, drained ($2.16)
- 2 Tablespoons Taco seasoning ($0.44)
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute mode with a timer of 10 minutes.
- Saute the ground beef and onions until the ground beef is fully cooked and the onions are soft. Drain grease.
- Add in the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Close the lid and seal the valve. Set to High Pressure for 5 minutes and allow a 5 minute Natural Pressure Release before manually releasing the rest.
- Stir the chili and serve warm with your favorite sides and toppings.