Instant Pot zucchini is a great way to steam your favorite vegetable to perfection. With an easy cooking process and only 2 minutes of actual cooking time, this recipe is as simple as it gets!
Instant Pot steamed zucchini is a fantastic way to enjoy soft, crisp, and flavorful zucchini without much effort. I'm a big fan of low-effort meals and side dishes!
To steam zucchini in an Instant Pot, all you need to do is chop the zucchini, add it and some water to the Instant Pot, and set the cooking time. It is a quick and convenient way to make a versatile and tasty addition to your meals.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- It's quick! With just a few minutes of prep and 2 minutes of cooking time, you can enjoy fabulous sliced zucchini with your next meal!
- It's simple. With just some zucchini, water, and simple seasonings, you can have a tasty dish that may not require any shopping, especially if you grew the zucchini in your backyard garden this year.
- It's frugal. In season or not, zucchini has always been a pretty affordable veggie. When you pair that with tap water and seasonings that are already in your pantry, you get a truly affordable recipe.
Fresh zucchini- You will need some fresh zucchini. (Make sure to wash them first). This is great for using up garden zucchini, but storebought is fine too!
Water- To help your Instant Pot get up to pressure so it can properly cook your veggies, you will need some water.
Seasonings- We like to keep things simple by just using salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
🔪 Instructions for Instant Pot Zucchini
Step 1: Wash your zucchini and slice it into coins about ¼ inch thick.
Step 2: Place the zucchini in a steamer basket or lay it on a trivet and lower it into your Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water.
Step 3: Close the lid and seal it. Set it to High Pressure for 2 minutes and do a Quick Pressure Release.
Step 4: Remove the zucchini and drain the water.
Step 5: Place the zucchini into a mixing bowl with the olive oil and seasonings. Toss to coat.
🍴 Recipe Tips
I like my zucchini in Instant Pot the same way that I like most of my steamed veggies- soft enough that they don't feel raw but still maintain a bit of crispness.
When you slice your zucchini into ¼-inch thick slices, you get it exactly like that! You could make the slices thicker or thinner to adjust the end results ever so slightly too.
You could even use yellow squash instead of zucchini or a mixture of the two depending on what summer squash you have on hand!
💭 Recipe FAQs
Nope! The peel on these Instant Pot zucchini slices can be left on or taken off depending on your preference. It's thin enough that it cooks down with the rest of the zucchini and helps it to maintain some of that fresh/crisp bite.
You can cut zucchini into slices, chunks, or sticks, depending on how you plan to use them. Slices or chunks are versatile and cook evenly.
You typically need about 1-2 cups of water in the Instant Pot for steaming zucchini. The exact amount may vary based on your specific Instant Pot model.
❤️ More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
If you tried this Instant Pot Zucchini, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Instant Pot Zucchini
- 2 large Zucchini ($1.78)
- 1 cup Water ($0.00)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil ($0.14)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt ($0.01)
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder ($0.02)
- ⅛ teaspoon Black pepper ($0.01)
- Wash and slice your zucchini into ¼inch thin slices. Thinner if you want them even softer, but ¼ gives you soft and crisp results.
- Place the zucchini on an Instant Pot trivet or in a steamer basket and lower into Instant Pot. Add the water to the pot.
- Close the lid and seal it. Set it to High Pressure for 2 minutes and do a Quick Pressure Release.
- Remove zucchini and drain water. Place zucchini in a bowl with olive oil and seasonings. Toss to coat and serve warm.