Instant Pot zucchini is a great way to steam your favorite vegetable to perfection. With an easy cooking process and only 2 minutes of actual cooking time, this recipe is as simple as it gets!
Instant Pot Steamed Zucchini
We truly enjoy eating our zucchini around here if you couldn't tell already with how many zucchini recipes are growing on this blog, haha.
Instant Pot steamed zucchini is a fantastic way to enjoy soft, crisp, and flavor zucchini without much effort. I'm a big fan of low-effort meals and side dishes!
With just a few minutes of prep and 2 minutes of cooking time, you can enjoy fabulous sliced zucchini with your next meal!
Steamed zucchini ingredients
- Fresh zucchini
- Water (for cooking)
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
What you’ll need to make this recipe
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Tips for making zucchini in Instant Pot
I like my zucchini the same way that I like most of my steamed veggies- soft enough that they don't feel raw but still maintaining a bit of crispness.
When you slice your zucchini into ¼ inch thick slices, you get it exactly like that! You could make the slices thicker or thinner to adjust the end results ever so slightly too.
You could even use yellow squash instead of zucchini or a mixture of the two depending on what summer squash you have on hand!
FAQ's about Instant Pot zucchini slices
Nope! The peel on a zucchini can be left on or taken off depending on your preference. It's thin enough that it cooks down with the rest of the zucchini and helps it to maintain some of that fresh/crisp bite.
How to make Instant Pot zucchini
Wash your zucchini and slice it into coins about ¼ inch thick.
Place the zucchini in a steamer basket or lay on a trivet and lower it into your Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water.
Close the lid and seal it. Set it to High Pressure for 2 minutes and do a Quick Pressure Release.
Remove zucchini and drain water. Place zucchini into a mixing bowl with the olive oil and seasonings. Toss to coat.
More great recipes to try
- Instant Pot Zucchini Taco Boats
- Instant Pot Beef Back Ribs
- Instant Pot Bacon
- Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
- Instant Pot Turkey Tacos
- Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup
Instant Pot Zucchini
- 2 large zucchini sliced into ¼ in thick coins
- 1 cup water (for cooking)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and slice your zucchini into ¼inch thin slices. Thinner if you want them even softer, but ¼ gives you soft and crisp results.
- Place the zucchini on an Instant Pot trivet or in a steamer basket and lower into Instant Pot. Add the water to the pot.
- Close the lid and seal it. Set it to High Pressure for 2 minutes and do a Quick Pressure Release.
- Remove zucchini and drain water. Place zucchini in a bowl with olive oil and seasonings. Toss to coat and serve warm.