This DIY taco seasoning will help to flavor your taco Tuesdays right. A super easy seasoning blend that is totally customizable and delicious.
Made with just a few basic pantry staples you can create a flavorful combination of spices that will work on ground beef, ground turkey, chicken, and more!
I love making homemade taco seasoning for ground beef whenever I can because it's so much more flavorful than storebought. Not only that but the MSG that comes in the packets triggers my migraines so I avoid premade when I can.
The best part about this DIY taco seasoning mix is that it made the spice blend in bulk so you can get several uses out of it. Perfect for always having a batch on hand!
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Minced Dried Onion
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Mason Jar
- Measuring spoons
You will need 2 tablespoons worth of this taco seasoning mix to flavor one pound of cooked ground beef. You can always add in a little more or less depending on what you prefer.
This blend of spices can last several weeks in an airtight container at room temperature before expiring. The older it gets the less potent the flavors will be but honestly, this blend can last almost indefinitely, just like regular spices in the pantry.
Besides flavoring your ground beef and ground turkey meats for tacos, you can enjoy enchiladas, chili, and so much more. I often use taco seasoning in place of chili seasonings when making a pot of chili, or I'll sprinkle on a little taco seasoning when I'm making a plate of nachos to help add flavor without the meat.
Check out how to Make DIY Taco Seasoning with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Add all the spices to a mason jar or large zip-seal bag.
Close and shake until fully combined.
Keep stored in an airtight container or mason jar for up to a few weeks.
More great recipes to try
- Instant Pot Taco Zucchini Boats
- Instant Pot Turkey Tacos
- Easy Dorito Taco Salad
- 5 Ingredient Instant Pot Chili
- Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread
- 4 Ingredient Guacamole
- Guacamole Without Cilantro
DIY Taco Seasoning
- Mason Jar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder ($0.90)
- 2 tablespoons cumin ($0.60)
- 1 tablespoon paprika ($0.30)
- 1 tablespoon salt ($0.30)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.10)
- 1 teaspoon minced onion, dried *optional ($0.10)
- 1 teaspoon oregano ($0.10)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper ($0.10)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne ($0.10)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes ($0.10)
- Add all the spices to a mason jar or large zip-seal bag.
- Close and shake until fully combined.
- Keep stored in an airtight container or mason jar for up to a few weeks.