These 20-minute lazy enchiladas only takes 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep work. Perfect for a busy day or a lazy one. You're going to love these taquito enchiladas!
Until recently this recipe never even occurred to me as a possibility but now it's going to become a reoccurring thing in our house. I despise slaving over the oven in the summer months, and some days we're so busy we just grab a pizza, which is fine, but totally a budget-blower.
While I do love my Instapot, sometimes baked foods just feel right. And these cheesy saucy frozen taquito enchiladas hit right every time.
Made with taquitos straight from the freezer, you can prep them in less time than it takes for the oven to preheat. And while these lazy man enchiladas are in the oven you can quickly whip up fast side dishes like Salsa Rice or Refried Beans.
- Boxed Frozen Taquitos: You can use a box of beef or chicken flavor (any flavor works) but a 20 count box fits perfectly within a 9x13 baking dish.
- Enchilada Sauce: Use red or green. I like beef taquitos with red sauce and chicken taquitos with green sauce.
- Cheese: I like to use storebought shredded because it saves time, but shredding cheese yourself will make it more melty and gooey.
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- 9x13 Baking Dish
- Cooking spray
Check out how to make 20 Minute Lazy Enchiladas with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease the inside of a 9x13 baking dish.
Lay your frozen taquitos down in the pan so that they all fit in a single layer.
Spray the tops of the taquitos with cooking spray.
Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
Top with the sauce, spreading it evenly over the tops of the taquitos, and then sprinkle the cheese on top.
Bake in the oven for an additional 10 min.
Serve topped with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
🍴 Recipe Tips
To give the enchiladas made with taquitos a nice texture when baked, we bake the taquitos alone to warm up and then again with the sauce and cheese on top. Cooking them all together at once will not give you desirable results.
Leftovers for this taquitos enchilada recipe can be reheated in the oven or in the microwave until warmed through. For the oven, this would be about 10 minutes at 350 degrees F and for the microwave, this would be about 1-2 minutes depending on how many you cook at once.
You can use any brand that you would like or that you already know and love. I personally enjoy the Aldi store brand but you can use any of them.
Some common topping ideas include sour cream, cilantro, avocado, diced tomato, diced onion, and shredded lettuce.
More great dinner recipes to try
- Creamy Tilapia and Spinach with Cherry Tomatoes
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake
- Mac and Cheese Tuna Casserole
- Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Rice Bake
- Chicken Divan Casserole
20 Minute Lazy Enchiladas
- Cooking spray
- 1 box 20 count frozen taquitos, beef or chicken ($4.98)
- 1 small can enchilada sauce, red or green ($1.68)
- 8 ounces shredded cheese, Mexican blend, cheddar, or Monterey Jack ($1.98)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the inside of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Lay your frozen taquitos down in the pan so that they all fit in a single layer.
- Spray the tops of the taquitos with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Top with the sauce, spreading it evenly over the tops of the taquitos, and then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for an additional 10 min.
- Serve topped with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
- Make sure to follow the steps in order. We cook the taquitos for a bit by themselves to help the skin crisp and the centers to warm up. Adding everything to the pan at once will cause soggy results and possibly undercooked taquitos.
- Reheating. Reheat your taquitos in the microwave on a plate for 1-2 minutes depending on how many taquitos you cook at once. More taquitos= more time.
- Any brand of taquitos will work but I recommend sticking with the ones that you already know and love.