These 20-minute lazy enchiladas only take 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep work. Perfect for a busy day or a lazy one. You're going to love these taquito enchiladas!
Until recently this recipe never even occurred to me as a possibility but now it's going to become a reoccurring thing in our house. I despise slaving over the oven in the summer months and some days we're so busy we just grab a pizza, which is fine, but totally a budget-blower.
While I do love my Instapot, sometimes baked foods just feel right. And these cheesy saucy frozen taquito enchiladas hit right every time.
Made with taquitos straight from the freezer, you can prep them in less time than it takes for the oven to preheat. And while these lazy man enchiladas are in the oven you can quickly whip up fast side dishes like Salsa Rice or Refried Beans.
Lazy enchiladas ingredients
- Boxed Frozen Taquitos: You can use a box of beef or chicken flavor (any flavor works) but a 20 count box fits perfectly within a 9x13 baking dish.
- Enchilada Sauce: Use red or green. I like beef taquitos with red sauce and chicken taquitos with green sauce.
- Cheese: I like to use storebought shredded because it saves time, but shredding cheese yourself will make it more melty and gooey.
What you’ll need to make this recipe
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- 9x13 Baking dish
- Cooking spray
Tips for making enchiladas made with taquitos
To keep the enchiladas a nice texture when baked we bake the taquitos alone to warm up and then again with the sauce and cheese on top. Cooking them all together at once will not give you desirable results.
Leftovers for this recipe can be reheated in the oven or in the microwave until warmed through. For the oven, this would be about 10 minutes at 350 degrees F and for the microwave, this would be about 1-2 minutes depending on how many you cook at once.
FAQ's about taquitos enchilada recipe
You can use any brand that you would like or that you already know and love. I personally enjoy the Aldi store brand but you can use any of them.
Some common topping ideas include sour cream, cilantro, avocado, diced tomato, diced onion and shredded lettuce.
How to Make 20 Minute Lazy Enchiladas
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease the inside of a 9x13 baking dish.
Lay your frozen taquitos down in the pan so that they all fit in a single layer.
Spray the tops of the taquitos with cooking spray.
Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
Top with the sauce, spreading it evenly over the tops of the taquitos, and then sprinkle the cheese on top.
Bake in the oven for an additional 10 min.
Serve topped with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
More great dinner recipes to try
- Creamy Tilapia and Spinach with Cherry Tomatoes
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake
- Mac and Cheese Tuna Casserole
- Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Rice Bake
- Chicken Divan Casserole
20 Minute Lazy Enchiladas
- 1 box 20 count frozen taquitos beef or chicken
- 1 small can enchilada sauce red or green
- 8 ounces shredded cheese Mexican blend, cheddar, or Monterey Jack
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the inside of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Lay your frozen taquitos down in the pan so that they all fit in a single layer.
- Spray the tops of the taquitos with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Top with the sauce, spreading it evenly over the tops of the taquitos, and then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for an additional 10 min.
- Serve topped with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sour cream, cilantro, etc.