This vegan apple bundt cake is loaded with fall favorite spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Enjoy this dessert while watching the leaves fall outside or serve it up on a holiday table because this cake is too good to keep to yourself! (Though you may try).
Easy apple bundt cake
Made with chunks of fresh apples and filled with warm spices, this cake is packed with flavor in every bite. The soft and moist texture and crumb of the cake is also something that will have you stopping mid-bute to say “wow, this IS good.” Or at least, that’s what it would do if you were my mother in law haha.
I’ve served this cake to my husband’s family and despite no one here being vegan, not a single person missed out on anything. This cake was well received by everybody and some even asked for seconds.
While this cake is made with no eggs or milk, this cake is still very moist and lasts that way for days if stored properly.
Vegan apple cake ingredients
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Vegetable oil
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Ground allspice
For the Spiced Powdered Sugar Glaze, you will need:
- Powdered sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground ginger
- Ground cloves
What you’ll need to make this recipe
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Tips for making apple cinnamon bundt cake recipe
You can use any apple variety of choice but I recommend sticking with a good baking apple variety such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Gala. These will hold up better while being baked and won’t turn grainy.
Make sure to remove the peel of the apples and slice them into 1 inch or smaller-sized chunks. These apples will be sliced when the cake is served and will be soft enough to cut with a fork when you go to take a bite, so it’s okay if they’re not that small but you don’t want them to be so large that they don’t fully cook through.
Another thing to note is that the apple pieces will naturally float to the top of the cake so that when inverted the apple pieces are on the bottom of the cake. You can make them more scattered by cooking the apple chunks for about 2-3 minutes in the microwave and allowing them to cool before using.
Apples when raw have more air in them and will cause them to rise and through a lot of trial and error, I found that cooking them, even just a little bit, can help to keep them down.
FAQ’s about vegan bundt cake
If desired you can make the cake as directed but pour it into a prepared 9×13 baking dish. It should cook in about 40 minutes, but double-check with a toothpick for it to come out clean before removing the cake from the oven. After the cake has cooled, you can top it off with the spiced icing.
If kept properly covered at room temperature, this cake can last about 3 days and still be great. For a slightly longer storage solution, you can keep the cake well covered in the fridge for about 5 days to a week.
How to Make Spiced Vegan Apple Bundt Cake
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare your bundt pan by greasing the inside and coating it with a light dusting of flour. Set aside.
In a small bowl toss the apple chunks together with 1 tablespoon of flour to coat, and then set it aside.
Add in the vanilla extract, almond extract, vegetable oil, water, and vinegar.
Fold in the apple chunks until well mixed and then pour the batter into your prepared bundt pan.
Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Allow the cake to cool for about 15 minutes in the pan before turning it over onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Once the cake has cooled prepare the icing by whisking the ingredients together until smooth.
Drizzle the icing over the top of the cake and allow to set before slicing and serving.
More great vegan recipes to try
- Rich and Chocolatey Vegan Mug Brownie
- Vegan Slider Buns
- Vegan Dinner Rolls
- Vegan Hamburger Buns
- Easy One Bowl Vegan Banana Bread with Applesauce
- Simple Dairy Free White Bread
Vegan Apple Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoon vinegar *See note
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup water
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp flour
Spiced Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease and flour the inside of a bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss your apple chunks with 1 tablespoon of flour until well coated and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda, sugar, and spices with a whisk until well blended.
- Add in the vanilla extract, almond extract, vegetable oil, water, and vinegar.
- Fold in the apple chunks until well mixed and then pour the batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before flipping onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepeare the icing by mixing the powdered sugar with the spices and a tablespoon of water until well mixed.
- Slowly whisk in more water, a little at a time, until you've gotten a pouable consistency.
- Transfer the icing to a baggie with a snipped corner or use a spoon to drizzle it over the top of the cake. Allow to set.
- Slice and serve your cake.