Making meatloaf without eggs is as easy as it is convenient. Made to taste great and come together in minutes, this is one comforting dish the whole family can enjoy.
We love to eat meatloaf around here, but we don't eat it too often due to the cost of ground beef. That said, when we find a deal or it goes on sale, we make sure to add it to our $200 Monthly Meal Plan.
This meatloaf is made with no eggs and still tastes incredible! Perfect for when you don't want to make a trip to the grocery store or are looking to avoid it due to allergies.
Whenever I make this meatloaf I'm lucky if any survives to turn leftovers into sandwiches the next day!
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- It's simple. Just some meat, milk, crumbs, and seasonings are all you need to make a really flavor meatloaf. Most of the ingredients may already be in your home already!
- It comes together quickly. While meatloaf may take a while to cook in the oven, the mixture itself comes together faster than it takes for the oven to preheat. Great for those nights when you don't want to spend too much time in front of the stove. Add it to your list of Lazy Sunday Dinner Ideas.
- It tastes great. No one will notice that there's something missing from this recipe. It's moist, flavorful, and holds together really well thanks to the milk and breadcrumbs, so you don't need to worry about the slices falling apart when serving.
Ground Beef- You will want to use some 80/20 blend of ground beef so that it's not too fatty but also not too dry when cooked. The fats are necessary due to the long cooking time, if your ground beef has less fat, it may feel more dry once baked.
Breadcrumbs- I like to use Italian breadcrumbs because they're packed with so much added flavor but feel free to use panko or plain breadcrumbs depending on what you already have on hand.
Milk- You can use any unflavored and unsweetened milk here so feel free to use whole dairy milk or plain almond milk. This is just needed to give the meatloaf more moisture and to help the breadcrumbs bind the dish together.
Ketchup- We like to keep the toppings on our meatloaf simple by just using ketchup but feel free to swap it out for your favorite toppings if desired.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Milk. You can use any milk that you may have on hand, but I recommend avoiding anything with added sweetener or flavor (for obvious reasons).
Breadcrumbs. You can swap out the bread crumbs for 1 cup of oats or cracker crumbs if desired.
🔪 Instructions for Meatloaf Without Eggs
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x5 bread loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside. **See the recipe card for baking instructions using an 8x8 baking dish.
Step 2: In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the ketchup.
Step 3: Mix well to distribute ingredients evenly.
Step 4: Pour the meatloaf mixture into your prepared pan.
Step 5: Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and drain grease from pan.
Step 6: Spread ketchup over the top of the meatloaf so that it's evenly covered.
Step 7: Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
Step 8: Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
🍴 Recipe Tips
To cook in an 8x8 baking dish, cook for 45 minutes at 350F before removing from the oven. Drain grease, top with ketchup, and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F.
You can cook your meatloaf in an 8x8 baking dish like I do or in a bread loaf pan. Both work great but will require a different cooking time as one is flatter and cooks more quickly than the other. I find that the square pan gives me "more servings" for feeding larger groups.
⏲️ Make Ahead Instructions
You can make this meatloaf and keep it stored covered in the fridge until ready to bake. If using a glass pan, make sure to let it sit on the counter for about 30 minutes before baking so you don't shock the cold glass and cause your pan to shatter.
You can reheat multiple servings of meatloaf in a baking dish lightly covered in foil in the oven at 350F degrees for about 15 minutes. You can also reheat a few slices on a microwave-safe plate for about a minute or two in the microwave.
You can keep leftover meatloaf covered in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you want to keep your leftover cooked meatloaf in the freezer, you can. Just place it in an airtight container and freeze it for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge or for a few hours on the counter before reheating.
Alternatively, you can freeze raw uncooked meatloaf if well wrapped. Thaw in the fridge overnight before baking the following day. Make sure to use a freezer-safe baking dish (like a disposable aluminum pan).
💭 Recipe FAQs
Using a high fat meat is key. You want to make sure that you use 15% fat or more ground beef for meatloaf as the long cooking time can dry out other varieties.
Milk will help to moisten the breadcrumbs so that they hold the loaf together better. Higher fat milk also helps to retain moisture in the meatloaf for a richer flavor.
I always do. Drain the grease from your meatloaf during the last 15-30 minutes (when you add the ketchup) as it will help the sides to crisp up a little more and help to keep your meatloaf from feeling too greasy or soggy when served.
❤️ More Delicious Dinner Recipes
If you tried this Meatloaf Without Eggs, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Meatloaf Without Eggs
- 3 pounds 80/20 Ground beef ($12.84)
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs ($0.41)
- 1 cup Milk ($0.20)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce ($0.02)
- 2 teaspoons Minced garlic ($0.10)
- ½ teaspoon Salt ($0.01)
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper ($0.04)
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder ($0.04)
- ¾ cup Ketchup ($0.31)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x5 bread loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside. **See note below for baking instructions using an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except for the ketchup. Mix well to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Pour the meatloaf mixture into your prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and drain grease from pan.
- Spread ketchup over the top of the meatloaf so that it's evenly covered.
- Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.