Instant Pot Hot Dogs are perfect whether you're trying to make hot dogs for a crowd or just a small batch for your family. This recipe is easy and low maintenance.
Cooking hot dogs in the Instant Pot is one of my favorite ways to do it without heating the house too much. Perfect for summer! While I am a fan of air fryer hot dogs, the Instant Pot is great for frozen hot dogs and large batches.
This method provides a speedy and satisfying way to enjoy the beloved American classic, and it's much quicker than traditional outdoor grilling.
It also ensures juicy, plump hot dogs that are full of flavor. Whether you're hosting a summer barbecue or simply craving a quick meal, Instant Pot hot dogs are sure to hit the spot.
I often cook hot dogs with this method when planning birthday celebrations for my kids at the park. (They stay warm for HOURS!)
If you have hot dogs left over, make sure to check out my Hot Dog Fried Rice!
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- The hot dog skin is crispier than boiling. Because you're steaming the hot dogs, they're exposed to more air than in a pot of water, so the skin can thicken nicely. Plus, there's no large pot of hot dog water to dispose of afterward.
- They're quick and easy. My two favorite words when it comes to recipes! All you need is hot dogs and water. A moment of prep and a little patience. Your meal is ready in almost no time at all.
- Great for large and small amounts. You can make one pack or several, and there's no change needed! Perfect for potlucks, gatherings, parties, and more.
Hot Dogs- You will need some of your favorite hot dogs for this recipe. Feel free to use as many as you can fit into the Instant Pot, or as many as you need for your meal.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
🔪 Instructions for Instant Pot Hot Dogs
Step 1: Place one cup of water into the Instant Pot and add in the hot dogs.
Step 2: Stack your hotdogs on a trivet or stand them upright in a steamer basket.
Step 3: Close the lid and seal the vent.
Step 4: Set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 0 minutes.
The hot dogs will cook as it comes up to temperature.
Step 5: Quick Release the Pressure and open the lid.
Your hot dogs are cooked and ready to eat.
Serve as desired, and enjoy!
🍴 Recipe Tips
If you're looking forward to making a batch of perfectly steamed hot dogs, there are only a few quick things to note.
One- if you're only doing one pack (8 hot dogs) then having the hot dogs stacked on the trivet as shown is preferred. For larger batches, standing the hotdogs upright in a steamer basket is better.
This is because you can fit much more in there and the best news- no matter how many you add to the pot, the cooking time does not change!
💭 Recipe FAQs
Absolutely! You can make a lot or just a few hot dogs in Instant Pot. For a small amount (like one package of 8 count), then do not change the time at all. For larger amounts, adjust the cooking time to 1 minute instead of zero.
Yes. You can use water, broth stocks, or even beer! All of them work great but just make sure you have 1-1.5 cups of liquid in the Instant Pot as that will help it to get up to temperature and cook properly.
After cooking your hot dogs and releasing the pressure, open the lid and place it back down. You can unplug the Instant Pot and have it "keep warm" for up to 2 hours. Note that the hot dogs may break or burst from prolonged exposure to the heat.
❤️ More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
If you tried this Instant Pot Hot Dogs, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Instant Pot Hot Dogs
- 1 package Hot dogs ($1.48)
- 1 cup Water (for cooking) ($0.00)
- If only cooking 1 package of hot dogs, use the Instant Pot trivet to stack them in layers. 4 going in one direction and 4 on top going in another. If cooking more than one package, a steamer basket is recommended for standing them upright.
- Place one cup of water into the Instant Pot and add in the trivet or steamer basket.
- Lay the hot dogs down in layers or stand them up as described in step1.
- Close the lid and seal the vent.
- Set Instant Pot to High Pressure for 0 minutes. The hot dogs will cook as they come up to pressure.
- Do a Quick Pressure Release and open the lid.
- Your hot dogs are ready to serve and use as desired.