Whether you're trying to make hot dogs for a crowd or just a small batch for your family, this Instant Pot recipe is easy and low maintenance.
While my favorite way of cooking hot dogs in the house is boiling, I gotta say that Instant Pot dogs are fantastic. You get a crisper skin that you don't get with boiling, the flavors shine through and there's no large pot of hot dog water to dispose of afterward.
These hot dogs are fast, simple, and easy. You can make one pack or several and there's no change needed! Perfect for potlucks, gatherings, parties, and more.
- Hot Dogs
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make Instant Pot hot dogs with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Stack your hotdogs on a trivet or stand them upright in a steamer basket as described in recipe card step 1.
Place one cup of water into the Instant Pot and add in the hot dogs.
Set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 0 minutes. The hot dogs will cook as it comes up to temperature.
Release the Pressure and open the lid.
Your hot dogs are cooked and ready to eat.
🍴 Recipe Tips
If you're looking forward to making a batch of perfectly steamed hot dogs, there are only a few quick things to note.
One- if you're only doing one pack (8 hot dogs) then having the hot dogs stacked on the trivet as shown is preferred. For larger batches, standing the hotdogs upright in a steamer basket is better.
This is because you can fit much more in there and the best news- no matter how many you add to the pot, the cooking time does not change!
Absolutely! You can make a lot or just a few hot dogs in Instant Pot. For a small amount (like one package of 8 count) then do not change the time at all. For larger amounts, adjust the cooking time to 1 minute instead of zero.
Yes. You can use water, broth or stocks, or even beer! All of them work great but just make sure you have 1-1.5 cups of liquid in the Instant Pot as that will help it to get up to temperature and cook properly.
More great recipes to try
- Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies
- Instant Pot Tater Tot Casserole
- Instant Pot Apple Pie Filling
- Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins
- Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- 4 Ingredient Guacamole
Instant Pot Hot Dogs
- 1 pkg hot dogs ($1.00)
- 1 cup water for cooking
- If only cooking 1 package of hot dogs, use the Instant Pot trivet to stack them in layers. 4 going in one direction and 4 on top going in another. If cooking more than one package, a steamer basket is recommended for standing them upright.
- Place one cup of water into the Instant Pot and add in the trivet or steamer basket.
- Lay the hot dogs down in layers or stand them up as described in step1.
- Close the lid and seal the vent.
- Set Instant Pot to High Pressure for 0 minutes. The hot dogs will cook as they come up to pressure.
- Do a Quick Pressure Release and open the lid.
- Your hot dogs are ready to serve and use as desired.