This easy Dorito taco salad just uses a few simple ingredients and comes together in minutes. A homemade meal can’t get any more simple or fast than this!Jump to Recipe
Why I love taco salad with Doritos
Finding a family meal that’s healthy and delicious can sometimes be a challenge. Thankfully we can all agree on this Dorito salad recipe. The kids love the extra side of chips they get and my husband and I love the crunch and flavors.
This dish is a favorite in our home and while we often give it some fun “upgrades” this taco salad with ground beef and Doritos is the bare basic recipe that we use to build from. Everything starts with this simple base.
Doritos taco salad ingredients
- Green salad
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Optional Ingredients:
- Diced Onions
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Kidney Beans
What you’ll need to make this Dorito taco salad recipe
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Tips for making Doritos taco salad
I personally find that this salad tastes best with the garn variety salad mix. (That one with the purple cabbage). This is mostly because of the iceberg lettuce- it adds a nice watery crunch that’s refreshing to eat.
You can mix together salads, spinach, or whatever leafy base you prefer. I usually flip between the garden variety and the 50/50 blend myself as those are what I keep on hand.
What kind of Doritos should I use?
You can use any variety that you like! Ranch flavored and Spicy flavors work great but I personally tend to choose Nacho flavored. This is mostly because my kids have sensitive mouths so choosing more mild flavors helps to get them to eat without complaints.
Can I use other meats?
Absolutely! I love this salad with ground beef but ground turkey or even shredded chicken works great! In fact, my crockpot shredded enchilada chicken would taste incredible in this salad.
How to make a taco salad with Doritos
- Brown your ground beef in a skillet and drain the grease.
- Add in the taco seasoning and then remove from heat.
- Place your salad in a large bowl and add in the salsa and the cheese.
- Crush your Doritos and then add them and the meat into the salad.
- Mix everything together.
- Serve with any additional toppings, if desired and enjoy!
Other delicious recipes to try
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Garlic and Brown Sugar Crusted Pork Roast
- Easy Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodle Casserole
- Crockpot Chicken with Enchilada Sauce
- Chicken Divan Casserole
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Lemon and Dill Baked Rainbow Trout
- Oven Baked Beer Butt Chicken
Easy Doritos Taco Salad
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 lb Browned ground beef
- 3 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 1 bag Green Salad
- 1 cup Crushed Doritos
- 1 cup Shredded cheese
- In a skillet on the stove, bown your ground beef and drain the grease.
- Add in the taco seasoning and stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Place your salad in a large bowl and then add in the salsa and the cheese.
- Crush your Doritos and then add them and the meat into your salad.
- Mix everything together.
- Serve with any additional toppings (like your favorite taco toppings) if desired and enjoy.
Can I make taco salad in advance?
Yes, you can- kind of. If you allow your meat to cool completely you can mix everything together except for the salsa up to a day in advance. Don’t add the salsa until just before serving because it causes the lettuce to wilt.
What toppings go with taco salad?
Sour cream, sliced avocados, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, the list goes on! There are so many tasty toppings and add-in’s that you can toss into this taco salad and all of them make it that much more incredible.
This easy Dorito taco salad is so fun and simple that everyone will enjoy this meal. You’ll enjoy the lack of prep work and having a quick dinner on the plate!