Making these air fryer canned biscuits can be a great way to serve up a faster side dish or breakfast recipe. Have tasty biscuits ready to eat in less than 10 minutes with minimal effort.
Making biscuits in the air fryer has become a favorite cooking method in our household, and it's likely to become one in yours too. In just a few minutes, you can have a bunch of canned biscuits cooked up, and it's a breeze. It's like a biscuit-making hack for sure!
The air fryer's quick and efficient cooking process makes it a game-changer for baked goods like biscuits and cinnamon rolls, making breakfast or brunch preparation a breeze.
This kitchen appliance not only saves you time but also delivers a satisfying, golden-brown finish to your biscuits, making them a delicious addition to your meals. Whether you're a seasoned cook or a beginner, the air fryer can simplify the biscuit-making process.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- It's fast! With only about 10 minutes from start to finish, you can have beautifully browned biscuits ready to serve alongside your next meal.
- You only need one ingredient! You already have everything you need if you have a can of biscuits and an air fryer.
- You can use any brand. We love making grand biscuits in the air fryer, but you can use any of your favorite brands (including store brands)!
Canned biscuits- Use your favorite can of biscuits. We enjoy the Grands flaky with layers, but smaller biscuits can be used too. Just keep an eye on them as smaller biscuits would cook more quickly.
Nonstick cooking spray- This is 100% optional and I often don't use it at all, but adding some nonstick to your air fryer can help to prevent food from sticking, and may help to give you an easier clean up later.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
🔪 Instructions for Air Fryer Canned Biscuits
Step 1: Spray the inside basket of your air fryer with cooking spray or brush it with olive oil to make it nonstick.
Step 2: Open a can of biscuits and lay them out in the air fryer basket so that they are not touching. If needed, work in batches.
Step 3: Place the air fryer basket into the air fryer and set it to 350 degrees F. Cook for 8 minutes. Flip them over halfway through the cooking.
Step 4: Let them cool for about 1 minute before transferring to your serving plates as the biscuits will be hot.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Different sizes matter
Please note that canned biscuits come in different sizes so you may wish to check on these biscuits after 6 minutes. If the tops look finished but they're still doughy on the bottom, flip them over and cook the other side for 2 additional minutes.
Flipping the biscuits will help to make sure that they are evenly cooked from both sides.
Air fryer racks
If you have an air fryer with racks in place, I recommend using the middle rack to cook these biscuits.
Do not overcrowd
Only cook a single layer of biscuits at a time and do not overcrowd the biscuits.
These air fryer biscuits can be kept stored at room temperature for up to a few days in an air-tight container, but they taste best when eaten within 2 or 3 days. Reheat before eating for that fresh warm oven taste.
If desired, you can reheat your cooled cooked biscuits in the air fryer by heating them in the basket for about 2 minutes at 350 degrees F.
💭 Recipe FAQs
You can place your biscuits in an airtight container like a gallon sized baggie and store them in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months. Do not freeze the can that the biscuits came in (and especially do not freeze the biscuits while in the can as it can explode). Thaw the biscuits in the fridge overnight before baking as directed.
I recommend sticking with non-aerosol type sprays because aerosol sprays can damage your air fryer and cause the nonstick coating to flake off. Using olive oil spritzer bottles or brushing it on with a pastry brush is the best method for application.
The outside of the biscuits (top, sides and bottom) all become a delicious golden brown color and get a crispy texture, while the inside becomes flaky and soft. This is the BEST way to serve up canned biscuits!
❤️ More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
If you tried this Air Fryer Canned Biscuits, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Air Fryer Canned Biscuits
- Air Fryer 6qt or 8 qt
- 1 can Biscuits (8ct) ($1.87)
- Cooking spray ($0.02)
- Spray the inside basket of your air fryer with cooking spray or brush it with olive oil to make it nonstick.
- Open a can of biscuits and lay them out in the air fryer basket so that they are not touching. If needed, work in batches.
- Place the air fryer basket into the air fryer and set it to 350 degrees F. Cook for 8 minutes. Flip them over halfway through the cooking process.
- Please note that canned biscuits come in different sizes so you may wish to check on these biscuits after 6 minutes. If the tops look finished but they're still doughy on the bottom, flip them over and cook the other side for 2 additional minutes.