These crispy garlic and cheese smothered green beans are the perfect side dish for any meal. With how easy they are to make you're going to love having a simple healthy recipe to share.
I often find myself pulling out a can of green beans when it comes to dinner because it's fast and easy, and the kids love it. But, these parmesan-covered green beans are a huge hit with the picky eaters too.
Unlike other green bean recipes where you end up with shriveled and chewy green beans, this oven-roasted garlic green beans recipe lets you enjoy that crisp green bean fresh from the oven -like nature intended haha.
For more green bean recipes, be sure to check out my Air Fryer Canned Green Beans, Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans, The Best Canned Green Bean Recipe, and Cast Iron Green Beans.
Why This Recipe Works
- It's simple. This is one of those recipes where you just mix stuff together and bake. The prep is so fast and easy that you will love having extra time to do other things as these green beans bake.
- Minimal ingredients. You only need 4 ingredients to make these green beans well flavored and delicious.
- It's frugal. Made for less than $5, this recipe is great for adding to any meal without breaking the budget.
Green Beans- You will need some freshly washed and trimmed green beans.
Olive Oil- Use olive oil to help the green beans to cook more evenly and to adhere the garlic and cheese to them.
Minced Garlic- You can use freshly minced garlic or the stuff from a jar.
Shredded Parmesan Cheese- Using shredded parmesan cheese will give us a wonderful contrast in flavor and melty cheesy goodness on every green bean.
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make roasted green beans with garlic with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Wash and trim your green beans in a colander. Set aside for a moment to drain.
Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Toss well to combine.
Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Serve warm and enjoy!
🍴 Recipe Tips
I like my roasted green beans with parmesan to be firm and crisp to the bite, but if you like yours softer, add a few minutes to the cooking time (and keep a close eye on it).
I also highly recommend using parchment paper or foil as a liner for these because it makes cleaning up a breeze. No one likes scrubbing melted cheese off of bakeware, am I right?
🧾 How to Prep Green Beans
Prepare your green beans by first rinsing them in a colander under cool running water to remove any dirt.
Place the green beans on a towel to dry as you prepare a cutting board and knife.
Place the green beans horizontally onto the cutting board and arrange them so that the ends are all even with each other. I like to place my knife at the base of them and scoot them slightly to the left (I'm right-handed) and make sure that they're all even that way.
Next, use a large knife to trim off the ends. Trimming off about ¼ of an inch is fine. The goal is to remove those hard ends. You may need to trim some green beans more than others.
Alternatively, you can pick up each green bean and use your fingers to snap off the ends but this will take much longer.
If needed, cut or snap green beans in half so that they are all relatively the same length.
Green beans are a very nutritious vegetable and definitely bring some health benefits to the table. This garlic parmesan green beans side dish is pretty healthy (but don't tell the kids).
Yes, you can! Simply mix all of the ingredients together and keep them covered in a container until you're ready to heat and eat. You can make them up to a day in advance so go ahead and prep tomorrow's dinner today and make time for yourself tomorrow!
Other tasty side dish recipes to try
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Carrots
- Bacon Ranch Brussel Sprouts
- Roasted Frozen Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Green Beans
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
- 1 pound Green Beans ($1.68)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil ($0.39)
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic ($0.36)
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese ($0.47)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Wash and trim your green beans in a colander. Set aside for a moment to drain.
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss well to combine.
- Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- I like my roasted green beans with parmesan to be firm and crisp to the bite, but if you like yours softer, add a few minutes to the cooking time (and keep a close eye on it).
- I highly recommend using parchment paper as a liner for these because it makes clean up a breeze. No one likes scrubbing melted cheese off of bakeware, am I right?
Make Ahead Instructions
- Simply mix all of the ingredients together and keep them covered in a container until you're ready to heat and eat. You can make them up to a day in advance so go ahead and prep tomorrow's dinner today and make time for yourself tomorrow!
Leave a Reply