Want delicious blueberry muffins but don't want to make them from scratch? This simple recipe will give you moist and fabulously fluffy muffins without all that "unnecessary" work.
I love muffins, and while making them from scratch is simple enough, something about using a boxed mix just calls to me. Perhaps it's the lack of dirty dishes, time, or effort put into every muffin that makes it that much tastier.
Either way, the result is a batch of moist, tender muffins studded with bursts of sweet blueberry flavor. These muffins are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a quick snack, and they're sure to be a hit with everyone who tries them.
🍯 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- You're going to love these blueberry muffins using cake mix. They require very little effort and yield such great results. Every muffin is moist, fluffy, and packed with blueberry flavor.
- The best part? These muffins stay wonderful for days which is great because every recipe makes a lot of muffins, so share or take your time and enjoy every last sweet bite.
- You'll make enough to share. Not that you'd want to, but if you're feeling generous, you will have plenty of muffins to share with everybody.
Cake Mix- You can use a white cake mix or yellow cake mix to achieve desired results. The sizes of the boxes vary, but you'll want one that's 15-16 ounces in size.
Flour- This will help to make sure that there is enough binder in the recipe so that the moisture doesn't cause the muffins to become too wet while baking.
Baking powder- While boxed cake mix already has leavening agents inside, adding baking powder will help to make these muffins taste fresher, trust me.
Blueberries- Use fresh or frozen blueberries. If using frozen, don't over-stir as that will cause the batter to turn purple.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and prepare a muffin tray with paper liners or nonstick cooking grease.
Step 2: In a small bowl, mix together the streusel topping until the size of crumbs. Set aside.
Step 3: Mix together the cake mix, flour, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
Step 4: In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, and eggs until well mixed.
Step 5: Create a well in the center of the dry mix and pour in the wet mixture.
Step 6: Stir until combined.
Step 7: Fold in the blueberries.
Step 8: Scoop the batter and fill your muffin cups ⅔s of the way full.
Step 9: Sprinkle streusel over the top of the batter.
Step 10: Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Step 11: Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Remember that when making these blueberry muffins from cake mix that you want to not use the water, oil, and eggs ratio on the back of the box. As you will notice our amounts of liquids don't match up to the back of the box.
That said, there are no big tips for making these tasty muffins. Simply add ingredients and don't over mix or over bake. The over-mixed batter will lead to a heavier texture with the muffins while overbaked will cause it to dry out
These blueberry muffins made with cake mix can last up to 5 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Yes, after these muffins have fully cooled you can safely store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. When hungry, just grab one or a few and place them on the counter to come to room temperature before enjoying it.
Yes, you can use sugar-free or low-sugar cake mixes to reduce the sugar content in your muffins. Just be aware that the texture and flavor may differ from regular cake mix muffins.
❤️ More Delicious Muffin Recipes
If you tried these Cake Mix Blueberry Muffins, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Cake Mix Blueberry Muffins
- 1 box (15.25oz) Yellow cake mix ($1.24)
- ¼ cup All-purpose flour ($0.02)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder ($0.02)
- ⅓ cup Vegetable oil ($0.16)
- ⅔ cup Milk ($0.13)
- 3 large Eggs ($0.24)
- 1-2 cups Blueberries, fresh or frozen ($2.24)
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated sugar ($0.01)
- 4 Tablespoons All purpose flour ($0.01)
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cinnamon ($0.02)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, softened ($0.18)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a muffin tray with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together the streusel topping until size of coarse crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the cake mix, flour, and baking powder.
- In another bowl whisk together the oil, milk, and eggs until well blended.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mix and add in the egg mixture.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Fold in the blueberries and then scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tray. Fill each one ⅔s of the way full. Sprinkle tops with streusel mixture.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until tops are golden and a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the baking tray and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.