Apple pie bites are a simple treat recipe that requires barely any work. Enjoy a fresh spin on a tasty dessert recipe with these crescent roll apple pies.
I love apple pie, well, any cooked apple recipe really. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't like cooked apples so it's normally just me and the kids eating whatever I whip up.
This easy apple pie bites recipe is simple enough at the kids can make it! Even better is that it doesn't make too much. Perfect for a quick snack without leftovers! Apple pie crescent rolls are always a huge hit around here. Even my husband can't help but grab a few when they're fresh and warm.
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cloves
- Green Apple
- Canned Crescent Rolls
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Small bowl
- Pastry brush
🍴 Recipe Tips
These mini apple pies with crescent rolls are great as is, but adding a powdered sugar drizzle over the top can be a great addition if you want them sweeter.
I recommend keeping a pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil for them to rest on as they bake because the sugar will leak out the sides and create a sticky mess. The less you have to clean or struggle to remove these from the pan, the better.
Adding some chopped pecans or caramel chips inside before baking could be great! adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream or drizzle of caramel sauce after they're done baking is also a great idea!
You can use any kind, even the store brand unflavored options. A lot of great reviews come in from those that try a honey flavored variety of crescent rolls!
Check out how to make apple pie bites with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Cut an apple into 8 slices and remove the center core and seeds.
- In a small bowl, melt your butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine your brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- Place the apple slices on a plate and microwave for 1 minute to soften. Preheat your oven to 375F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent rolls on the baking sheet and brush them with butter.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of each and place an apple slice on the wider end. Roll to the smaller end.
- Brush the tops with butter and then sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and then let cool for 10 minutes before eating.
Other recipes that kids can make
- PB&J on a Stick
- Ice Cream Brownies
- Unicorn Bark
- Golden Grahams Smores Mix
- Spider Sandwiches
- Strawberry Ice Cream in a Mason Jar
- Easy Baked Rainbow Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Crescent Roll Danishes
- Play Doh Cookies (Colored Sugar Cookies)
Apple Pie Bites
- 1 large Green Apple, Cut into 8 Slices ($0.89)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted ($0.16)
- 1 can Crescent Rolls ($1.64)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar ($0.17)
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon ($0.20)
- ¼ teaspoons Nutmeg ($0.02)
- 1 pinch Ground Cloves ($0.01)
- Cut an apple into 8 slices by cutting it in half, then cutting each half in half again. Cut out the center core and then cut each quarter in half again.
- Place your apple slices on a plate and cook them in the microwave for 1 minute. This helps to soften them because the oven won't cook them completely in a short period of time.
- In a small bowl, melt your butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine your brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll your crescent rolls and then brush butter on top.
- Sprinkle your cinnamon sugar mixture on top of each roll, and place one apple slice on the larger end of the crescent roll. Starting at the wider end, roll the crescents to the smaller point.
- Brush butter over the top of the crescents and then sprinkle some additional cinnamon sugar mix over the top. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy.