Apple pie bites are a simple treat recipe that requires barely any work. Enjoy a fresh spin on a tasty dessert recipe with these crescent roll apple pies.
I love apple pie, well, any cooked apple recipe really. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't like cooked apples so it's normally just me and the kids eating whatever I whip up.
These apple pie bites are made with crescent rolls and are a delightful and easy-to-prepare treat that captures the essence of classic apple pie in bite-sized portions. They are perfect for when you're craving the comforting flavors of apple pie but don't want to make a whole pie from scratch.
Apple pie crescent rolls are always a huge hit around here. Even my husband can't help but grab a few when they're fresh and warm.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- The kids can help! This easy apple pie bites recipe is simple enough that the kids can make it! Even better is that it doesn't make too much. Perfect for a quick snack without leftovers!
- It's simple. Made with just a few basic ingredients, this recipe is as frugal as it is easy to make. You're going to love the low cost, great taste, and minimal effort.
- They're great hot or cold. You can serve these pie bites up while they're warm and cooled from the oven or after they've chilled for a few hours in the fridge, and they'll still taste amazing.
Brown Sugar- Use brown sugar for added sweetness and depth of flavor.
Green Apple- You can use any baking apple variety, but I prefer to use green granny smith apples as they offer a nice tart contrast to the sweet and spiced flavor in this recipe.
Canned Crescent Rolls- Use canned crescent rolls as the breading around every apple pie bite. Any brand will work fine.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Cut an apple into 8 slices and remove the center core and seeds.
Step 2: In a small bowl, melt your butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside.
Step 3: In a small mixing bowl, combine your brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
Step 4: Place the apple slices on a plate and microwave for 1 minute to soften. Preheat your oven to 375F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 5: Unroll the crescent rolls on the baking sheet and brush them with butter.
Step 6: Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of each and place an apple slice on the wider end. Roll to the smaller end.
Step 7: Brush the tops with butter and then sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top.
Step 8: Bake for 12-15 minutes and then let cool for 10 minutes before eating.
🍴 Recipe Tips
These mini apple pies with crescent rolls are great as is, but adding a powdered sugar drizzle over the top can be a great addition if you want them sweeter.
I recommend keeping a pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil for them to rest on as they bake because the sugar will leak out the sides and create a sticky mess. The less you have to clean or struggle to remove these from the pan, the better.
Adding some chopped pecans or caramel chips inside before baking could be great! Adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce after they're done baking is also a great idea!
You can use any kind, even the store brand unflavored options. A lot of great reviews come in from those who try a honey flavored variety of crescent rolls!
Apple Pie Bites can be served warm or at room temperature and are often enjoyed plain or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
❤️ More Delicious Kid Recipes
If you tried these Apple Pie Bites, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Apple Pie Bites
- 1 large Green Apple, Cut into 8 Slices ($0.89)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted ($0.16)
- 1 can Crescent Rolls ($1.64)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar ($0.17)
- 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon ($0.20)
- ¼ teaspoons Ground nutmeg ($0.02)
- 1 pinch Ground Cloves ($0.01)
- Cut an apple into 8 slices by cutting it in half, then cutting each half in half again. Cut out the center core and then cut each quarter in half again.
- Place your apple slices on a plate and cook them in the microwave for 1 minute. This helps to soften them because the oven won't cook them completely in a short period of time.
- In a small bowl, melt your butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine your brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll your crescent rolls and then brush butter on top.
- Sprinkle your cinnamon sugar mixture on top of each roll, and place one apple slice on the larger end of the crescent roll. Starting at the wider end, roll the crescents to the smaller point.
- Brush butter over the top of the crescents and then sprinkle some additional cinnamon sugar mix over the top. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy.