Instant Pot brussel sprouts are steamed to perfection in just 0-2 minutes. Toss with some olive oil, seasonings, and parmesan and you have yourself an incredibly tasty side dish perfect for any meal.
We love brussel sprouts around here and there are already several brussel sprout containing recipes on this site (and more to come) but this is a tried and true favorite.
Cooking brussel sprouts in Instant Pot is so simple and easy that it's especially perfect for those busy nights when you don't want to spend every "free" moment in the kitchen prepping dinner.
These brussels come out perfectly cooked every time. Choose if you want them more crisp and fresh or tender by simply adding a minute or two to the cooking time. While you still have to wait for it to come up to pressure, the trade-off is fair because these sprouts are so worth it!
- Brussel sprouts
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Parmesan cheese
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- 6qt Instant Pot
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
🍴 Recipe Tips
The biggest tip that I have about making this pressure cooker brussel sprouts side dish is to remind you that brussel sprouts can come in a variety of sizes. While some brussels are about the size of a quarter others can be larger than a baby's fist!
For smaller brussels, leave them whole and unsliced. For larger brussels, slice in half vertically.
This helps to make sure each brussel is cooked to perfection without being "overcooked."
You can also take an optional step at the end to broil these cheesy brussels in the oven for 1 minute to help melt the cheese and give them a little "roasted" appearance. Personally, I love doing this, but you don't have to.
Yes! In fact, I do it all of the time. I often sit down on Sunday night and steam a few batches of different vegetables in the Instant Pot and store them in airtight containers in the fridge for the week.
Note that fresh minced garlic may discolor by turning shades of pink or green when cold or cooked. This steamed brussel sprout recipe can last 3-5 days in the fridge if properly stored.
Just about anything! I love to serve mine up with cooked chicken, pork chops, or even to help add a little green to the plate when we're eating alfredo pasta.
Check out how to make Instant Pot steamed brussel sprouts with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Prepare and wash your brussel sprout as needed. For larger brussels, slice in half vertically and for smaller ones, leave them whole.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot.
- Add your prepped brussel sprouts to the Instant Pot. You can lay them in the water, place them in a trivet of use an Instant Pot Steamer Basket like I did.
- Close the lid and seal the vent.
- Set it to High Pressure for 0-2 minutes, 2 being more tender and soft.
- Do a Quick Pressure Release and open the lid.
- Remove brussels and drain water.
- Place brussels into a mixing bowl with the other ingredients (olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper). Toss to coat.
- Lay the cheese covered brussels on a foil lined baking sheet and broil in the oven on High Broil for 1 minute.
- Remove and serve warm.
More great recipes to try
- 4 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Honey Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Simple Pear Muffins
- Mango Banana Bread
- Instant Pot Kraft Mac and Cheese
Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb brussel sprouts ($2.98)
- 1 cup water ($0.00)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ($0.13)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic ($0.05)
- ¼ teaspoon salt ($0.02)
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper ($0.01)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese ($0.24)
- Wash and prep your brussel sprouts. If using large brussel sprouts (about the size of a baby's fist or larger) then slice them in half vertically.
- In your Instant Pot, pour 1 cup of water.
- On a trivet or in an Instant Pot steamer basket, add the prepared brussel sprouts.
- Close the lid and seal it shut.
- Set to High Pressure for 1 minute.
- Do a Quick Pressure Release and open it up.
- Remove brussel sprouts and place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Drain liquid from the Instant Pot and turn it off.
- Toss the brussel sprouts with the olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Optionally you can lay the coated brussel sprouts on a foil lined baking sheet and High Broil in the oven for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Serve warm and enjoy.