Roasting frozen green beans is a simple and flavorful way to add a little more green to your plate. With basic seasonings and a minute or two of prep work, you can have your green beans cooking in no time flat.
Frozen veggies are great money-savers and perfect for an easy veggie on the plate. You're going to love learning how to roast frozen green beans because you'll see them quickly become a top choice for your weeknight meals.
The magic of roasting transforms frozen green beans into a crispy and caramelized delight. As they roast, the beans develop a rich, nutty flavor with hints of sweetness. The outer edges become slightly crunchy, offering a delightful contrast to the tender interior.
Roasting also enhances the natural sweetness of green beans, making them a favorite even among those who typically aren't fans of vegetables.
While these green beans might take a little longer to cook, the results speak for themselves. Crisp and juicy green beans that are packed with flavor. This baked frozen green beans recipe is simple and always delicious!
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- Simple ingredients. We only need some frozen green beans, oil, and seasonings, and we'll have a tasty side dish worthy of any meal.
- Easy to follow steps. Mix, spread, and bake. This recipe is so simple and easy to follow that anyone can do it.
- Perfect for crispy greens! Take those frozen green beans and turn them into a crispy side dish that rivals the fresh ones.
Frozen green beans- You will need some frozen green beans for this recipe. Make sure to pay attention to the "style" that the green beans are cut, as some may be French cut or skinnier than others. They're fine to use but may require a close eye to make sure that they don't burn or overcook.
Olive oil- This will help to bind the spices to the green beans and give them a crispier texture when cooked.
Seasonings- Keeping the seasonings simple with some salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder keeps this recipe frugal and tasty.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
Step 2: Add the olive oil and seasonings to a large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Mix together to combine.
Step 4: Add in the frozen green beans. Toss together until well coated.
Step 5: Lay the green beans out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
Step 6: Bake for 15 minutes. Stir them around in the pan and place them back into the oven.
Step 7: Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
📖 Variations- Air Fryer
- Lay your frozen (unthawed) green beans in the bottom of your air fryer basket and arrange them into a single even layer. It's okay if there is a little overlapping.
- Cook at 380 degrees F for 10 minutes. Toss the green beans around in the basket about halfway through.
- Empty the green beans into a serving bowl.
- Toss with the seasonings and olive oil until well coated.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Cooking frozen green beans is easy, but because these greens start off frozen, they do take a little longer than fresh ones would cook. This is because of the excess moisture and chill factor, but you'll notice that by the 15-minute mark they're actually looking good!
In fact, you could be done at that point if they seem heated through, but the extra 15 minutes gives them a little firmer bite for those of us who like a crisper green bean.
You can modify the seasonings to your own liking, but I like this simple and basic combination because it's perfect for pairing with practically anything.
Leftover green beans can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3-5 days. Simply reheat and eat when ready.
Nope! No need to thaw anything before starting this recipe for frozen green beans. Simply remove from freezer, toss in oil and seasonings, and then bake. Super easy!
Yes, when you roast green beans using this oven method, you'll find that they turn out nice and crisp or even a bit caramelized depending on how well you stirred them around at the midway point.
Adding seasonings really helps to bring out better flavor from every bean. For more flavor, you can add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice or even sprinkle some parmesan cheese on the green beans during the last few minutes of roasting. Yum!
❤️ More Delicious Side Dish Recipes
If you tried this Oven Roasted Frozen Green Beans, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Oven Roasted Frozen Green Beans
- 1 bag (12oz) Frozen green beans ($1.00)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil ($0.26)
- ½ teaspoon Salt ($0.05)
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper ($0.02)
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder ($0.05)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder ($0.05)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Add the olive oil and seasonings to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together to combine.
- Add in the frozen green beans. Toss together until well coated.
- Lay the green beans out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir them around in the pan and place them back into the oven.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.