These easy cake mix peanut butter blossom cookies are super simple and easy to make. Perfect for the holidays or any time of the year when cravings strike.
If you're looking for the best peanut butter blossom cookie recipe out there then this easy blossom cookie recipe is it. Just 5 ingredients that come together quickly and taste incredible- what could be better?
Blossom cookies are by far my most favorite Christmas cookie and for years I would look forward to finding them at my grandma's house when we went to her Christmas parties but those days are long gone and nothing but fading memories now.
I try almost every year to recreate the delicious tender cookie with peanut butter flavor but until this cake mix cookie recipe came along I was still frustrated that I hadn't found "the one" recipe to keep with me always.
These cookies are tender, moist, soft, and chewy with a soft Hershey Kiss in the middle. Every bite is incredible and they stay tasting amazing for days.
This is a recipe you'll want to hand down for generations because of how simple and tasty they are.
- Boxed yellow cake mix
- Peanut butter
- Vegetable oil
- Hershey Kisses
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Making these Betty Crocker peanut butter blossoms is super simple and easy. All you have to do is mix the ingredients together and roll out evenly sized balls. Place on a sheet and bake before topping with the Hershey Kiss.
The Hershey Kiss goes into the cookie balls after the cookies have baked so that it doesn't melt. When pressing them into the cookies, you don't want to push them all of the way down (well, you could), but pressing them about halfway is fine too.
The Hershey kisses will immediately start to soften thanks to the warm cookies, but they will hold shape unless bumped into something or touched so after adding the Kisses, let them rest for about an hour as the chocolate softened and rehardens enough to not cause a mess everywhere.
Peanut butter blossom cookies are a simple peanut butter cookie that you know and love, baked in a round ball shape, and then given a Hershey Kiss pressed into the center to create a unique appearance. From an aerial perspective, the Kiss center with the peanut butter cookie around it looks similar to a flower.
After your cookies have completely cooled and the chocolate is no longer soft to the touch, store your Hershey Kiss cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
If stored in an airtight container at room temperature your cookies can last about 1 week and still taste incredible. For best results eat them when freshest.
Absolutely! I recommend freezing the cookies flat on a baking sheet before transferring to an airtight container or layering them in a plastic container with parchment paper between each. This prevents cookies from sticking together and allows easier access when you want a fast snack. Cookies are good frozen for up to 3 months, just thaw before eating.
Check out how to make cake mix peanut butter blossoms with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set the baking sheet aside.
- Mix together the peanut butter, cake mix, eggs, and oil in a large mixing bowl. The dough will be thick.
- Scoop out dough by the two tablespoons worth and roll into little balls.
- Place the cookie dough balls at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. you can roll them into granulated sugar if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Right after pulling the cookies from the oven, press an unwrapped Hershey Kiss into the center of each ball.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Eat warm or let set before storing or eating.
More great recipes to try
- 5 Ingredient Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 5 Ingredient Carrot Muffins
- Instant Pot Steamed Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Steamed Brussel Sprouts
- 4 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
Cake Mix Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 box Yellow cake mix (15.25 ounce)
- 1 cup Creamy peanut butter
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 30 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, peanut butter, eggs, and oil until a thick dough forms.
- Scoop the dough out into little balls about 2 tablespoons in size. *Optionally, you can roll them into granulated sugar if desired.
- Line the cookie dough balls on the baking sheet allowing about 2 inches of space between each.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Immediately press an unwrapped Hershey kiss into the center of each ball and allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for about 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Eat warm for a soft cookie and melted chocolate bite of deliciousness or let them cool and set completely before eating or storing.
- The Hershey kiss is added after baking so that it doesn't melt. It will soften greatly in the warm cookie, so allow it to rest for about an hour or so to harden and set again.
- If desired you can roll your cookie dough balls in granulated sugar (or colored sugar) before baking.
- Storage. Keep your cookies stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Freezing. These cookies once cooled and set can be frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Just thaw before eating.