Soft pumpkin cookies packed with white chocolate chips. These cookies are a sweet and welcomed treat during Fall!
These tasty pumpkin cookies are packed with delicious flavor in every soft cookie bite. With the pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree, and white chocolate chips all pairing so well together, these cookies are a big Fall favorite.
These pumpkin spice white chocolate chip cookies are easy to make, and the hardest part is simply waiting for the dough to chill before scooping. While you can simply skip the chilled part- it's needed if you want those puffy cookies that melt in your mouth!
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- Simple ingredients. This recipe uses some very plain and basic pantry staple ingredients like flour, baking soda, butter, and vanilla to create a delicious cookie experience.
- Easy to follow steps. Measure, mix, chill, scoop, and bake. This recipe is simple and easy enough to follow that anyone can make them.
- Delicious results. These cookies practically melt in your mouth. They're so good. Made with real pumpkin puree, warm spices, and white chocolate chips, every bite is an explosion of flavor.
Pumpkin Puree- Use pumpkin puree for a fresh pumpkin flavor and orange color.
Baking Soda- To help the cookies rise nicely as they bake, you will need some baking soda.
Pumpkin Pie Spice- Adding pumpkin pie spice will give us a nice warm flavor in every cookie.
White Chocolate Chips- You will need some white chocolate chips to scatter throughout the dough so that every cookie gets plenty in every bite.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Add the butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Cream together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Step 3: Add in the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree.
Step 4: Mix again to combine.
Step 5: In another bowl, add the flour, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
Step 6: Whisk together to combine.
Step 7: Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
Step 8: Mix together until smooth.
Step 9: Add the white chocolate chips.
Step 10: Fold together until well combined.
Step 11: Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Step 12: Using a medium sized cookie scoop (or two rounded tablespoons), assemble cookies on the baking sheet, allowing a few inches of space between each cookie for them to grow.
Step 13: Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes and allow to cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
Serve and enjoy!
🍴 Recipe Tips
If you want to let the white chocolate pumpkin cookie dough chill longer than 2 hours, you can allow it to chill up to 2 days in advance. I find that the flavors are even a little better when they have longer to meld together.
Making the cookie dough at night and then chilling them overnight is a great way to wake up and bake warm cookies to snack on all day!
These cookies are good for 3-5 days at room temperature if kept stored in an airtight container. Any longer than that and they may become staler. Cookies are best enjoyed fresh.
Yes, these cookies freeze very well. I recommend either flash-freezing them on a cookie sheet for an hour or laying them in an airtight container with wax paper between layers to prevent sticking. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Absolutely! Homemade pumpkin puree or storebought, either one is great with these easy cookies. Just make sure that you don't accidentally grab a can of pumpkin pie filling as that is something else entirely and won't work right with this cookie recipe.
❤️ More Delicious Cookie Recipes
If you tried these Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup Granulated sugar ($0.22)
- ½ cup Butter, softened ($0.75)
- 1 large Egg ($0.08)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract ($0.02)
- ⅓ cup Pumpkin puree ($0.50)
- ½ teaspoon Salt ($0.05)
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda ($0.01)
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice ($0.10)
- 2 cups All purpose flour ($0.16)
- 1 cup White chocolate chips ($0.98)
- Add the butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl.
- Cream together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree.
- Mix again to combine.
- In another bowl, add the flour, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Whisk together to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Mix together until smooth.
- Add the white chocolate chips.
- Fold together until well combined.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop (or two rounded tablespoons), assemble cookies on the baking sheet, allowing a few inches spaced between each cookie for them to grow.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes and allow to cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!