Iced White Chocolate Mocha Recipe
This iced white chocolate mocha recipe is both easy and frugal because instead of paying someone $5 for a cup you can DIY it for pennies. The best part? It's so much easier than you may think!
Servings: 1 glass
Cost: Recipe $0.70
- 1 cup ice ($0.00)
- 1 cup coffee ($0.50)
- ¾ cup milk, divided ($0.14)
- 3 Tablespoons white chocolate chips ($0.06)
In a small bowl place choc chips and 2 Tablespoons of milk. Heat for 20 seconds and stir until the chocolate is melted.
Add the melted chocolate to your warm coffee in a separate container or liquid measuring glass. Stir to blend.
In a tall glass of ice, pour the coffee in until the glass looks half full, and then fill in the rest with all but two Tablespoons of milk.
Swirl the drink together to blend. Taste and adjust as needed by adding in a Tablespoon of granulated sugar if you want it sweeter or more coffee if you want it stronger.
Top the glass off with the remaining two Tablespoons of milk but do not swirl it in. This is for looks and is an optional step for a pretty drink.
Garnish the top with whipped cream if desired and enjoy.
- The added milk at the end of this recipe is honestly just for looks because it adds a nice gradient color of white to brown in the glass that just looks pretty and professional. You can simply add in the milk all at once and skip this part of the recipe if you don't care about looks and just want it made a tad faster.
- Using such a small amount of white chocolate chips means that you need to be careful not to overcook them. While microwaving them is easy and my preferred way to melt them, you can melt them on the stovetop in a small pan over low heat if you want to be more cautious. Even adding in a small amount of coconut oil (like ¼ teaspoon) could help to make it smoother but may change the end flavor a bit in your drink.
- Depending on how much ice you use and the size of your cups you may be able to make two glasses of white chocolate iced mocha from this recipe without doubling.
- You can use cold brew, but you'll want the chocolate to cool down for a few minutes before thoroughly whisking into the drink. Adding hot chocolate to cold coffee too quickly will cause it to clot up and make the drink chunky.
Serving: 1glass | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 8.7g | Fat: 13.6g | Saturated Fat: 8.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3.9g | Cholesterol: 12.5mg | Sodium: 124.9mg | Potassium: 418.4mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 34.1g | Vitamin A: 7.5IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 315.2mg | Iron: 0.2mg