This simple zombie milkshake is a great addition to your Halloween recipe list. Made with a peanut butter and banana milkshake base this drink is delicious and fun.
This monstrously good green milkshake is thick and flavorful. Add a swirl of chocolate syrup of strawberry syrup for a unique look. Strawberry sauce on top looks like brains but chocolate syrup adds that "dirty" look we expect from a rotting corpse.
My family adores this delicious peanut butter banana milkshake and I'm sure yours will too. It's thick, flavorful, and so much fun thanks to the added food coloring. Enjoy your monster milkshake in time for Halloween!
- Ice cream (frozen yogurt can be used instead)
- Frozen banana
- Green Food coloring
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate syrup or strawberry sauce (the ice cream toppings)
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Measuring cups
- Drinking glass
Check out how to make zombie milkshake with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Place everything but the green food coloring into the blender and blend until smooth.
Open the lid and add in 1-3 drops of green food coloring and pulse again until well mixed. Add more color if desired.
Pour into drinking glasses and top with chocolate syrup or strawberry sauce.
Use a straw to lightly swirl the sauce/syrup around in the drink.
🍴 Recipe Tips
This drink is very simple and easy to make but it's also pretty versatile too. You can use fresh or frozen ananas depending on what you have on hand. I like frozen bananas because they help keep the drink thick and chilled longer but fresh ones seem more convenient.
Adding the chocolate or strawberry sauce on top is optional but both flavors go great with this smoothie so you really can't go wrong with either.
I like the idea of taking a dry erase marker and making a zombie face on the glass before filling it up with this Halloween milkshake recipe to make it look even more awesome.
I like to use frozen vanilla yogurt instead of plain vanilla ice cream in many of my smoothie or milkshake recipes and notice no taste difference (just slightly healthier). You can use plain yogurt from the fridge for this recipe if desired but the recipe will probably need less milk and be considered more of a smoothie than a milkshake.
More Halloween Recipes to Try
- Halloween Mummy Dogs
- Bloody Vampire Bite Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats
- 2 Ingredient Cinnamon Roll Intestines
- Peanut Butter Jelly Spider Sandwiches
- Drinking glass
- 2 cups ice cream ($0.58)
- ¾ cup peanut butter ($0.62)
- ¼ cup milk ($0.05)
- 1 frozen banana ($0.25)
- 1-3 drops green food coloring ($0.02)
- chocolate syrup or strawberry sauce
- Place ice cream, peanut butter, milk, and banana in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in 1-3 drops of green food coloring and pulse until well mixed. Add in more coloring if desired.
- Pour into a drinking glass and top with your sauce/syrup of choice. Lightly swirl it throughout the drink with a spoon of staw.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.