Easter Egg Hot Chocolate
Rich, creamy and decadent cocoa awaits with this Easter Egg Hot Chocolate Recipe. Made with Cadbury Creme Eggs, heavy cream, and just 3 other ingredients this recipe comes together quickly and easily.
Servings: 2 mugs
Cost: Recipe $3.70 / Serving $1.85
- ¼ cup granulated sugar ($0.06)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder ($0.40)
- 1 cup heavy cream ($0.99)
- 2 cups whole milk ($0.38)
- 5 whole Cadbury creme eggs ($1.95)
- whipped cream *for garnish
Over medium-low heat, in a medium-sized saucepan whisk together the sugar and cocoa powder.
Slowly whisk in milk and heavy cream. Continue to whisk mixture until sugar and cocoa have dissolved.
Chop your Cadbury creme eggs into quarters and then place them into the pot.
Whisk until chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
Remove cocoa from heat. Pour cocoa into two mugs. Garnish with whipped cream and serve.
- If at any point you feel like the cocoa is just too rich or sweet you can easily tone it down by adding in a little more milk.
- Depending on the side of your drinking mugs and how full you fill them you may be able to get 3 or even 4 glasses filled from this one recipe.
- Do not chop the Creme eggs too early in preparation as the creme will start falling out of the shells and cause a mess on your cutting boards or wherever you have them placed until needed.
- You can use any milk that you would prefer for this hot chocolate recipe. I tend to prefer whole milk or 2% as that is what I have on hand but feel free to use unsweetened almond milk or even coffee creamer if preferred.
- You do not want your milk mixture to boil. You want to scald it, meaning that there are just a few bubbles around the edges of the pan. You also want it warm enough that everything has melted correctly and that there are no lumps of chocolate in the liquid.
Serving: 1mug | Calories: 685kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 643mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 2151IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 398mg | Iron: 2mg