Flourless Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Flourless Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are a 6 ingredient recipe that requires ZERO flour, only egg whites, and still magically comes out chewy, flavorful, and rich.
Servings: 16 cookies
Cost: Recipe $2.48 / Serving $0.16
- 2 ¾ cup Powdered sugar ($0.63)
- ½ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder ($0.80)
- ½ teaspoon Salt ($0.05)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract ($0.02)
- 3 large Egg whites, room temperature ($0.24)
- ¾ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips ($0.74)
Whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Use a spoon to stir in the egg whites and vanilla until the batter looks moistened. It should look thick and wet like a brownie batter. It should never appear to be as thick as cookie dough.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Spoon the batter onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet in 1.5-2 tablespoon sized scoops. Leave 2 inches of space between each cookie.
Let the cookies rest on the pan for 30 minutes to develop a skin on top. This means you'll be able to touch them without having the batter stick to your fingers.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Cool completely on the pan before removing.
- Do NOT eyeball the vanilla (as tempting as it may be). Use exact measurements only or else your batter will be too wet.
- If your batter is too wet, whisk in 1-2 Tablespoons of powdered sugar.
- You can scale this recipe down to use only one egg white, if you do so, use 3 Tablespoons of cocoa powder. The rest of the measurements should be easy to bring down to ⅓ of the original size.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg