Brownie Mix Cookies
These brownie mix cookies are fudgy in the center and chewy on the outsides. It's like the best combination of your favorite brownies mixed with an easy cookie form. You're going to love them!
Servings: 30 cookies
Cost: Recipe $1.83 / Serving $0.12
- 1 box (18.3oz) Brownie mix (box might say 9x13 size) ($1.17)
- 2 large Eggs ($0.16)
- ⅓ cup Melted butter ($0.50)
- 1 Tablespoon water *if needed ($0.00)
In a bowl mix together all of the cookie ingredients until well blended and then place the bowl in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Scoop the dough into 1.5-2 Tablespoon sized balls and place onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and allow to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you find that your dough is too thick to roll together into balls add in about 1-2 tablespoons of water. This will make the dough wetter and get it to hold together better.
- Chilling the dough will help to make the butter colder which in the end gives you a gooey center. It will also help to give you a thicker cookie as it will be less likely to flatten during the baking process.
- A fun tip to help not make a mess as you melt your butter down is to place it in a bowl in the microwave. Set it to defrost for 2 minutes and allow the butter to cool slightly before use so that you don't accidentally cook the eggs in the batter. Making brownie cookies from brownie mix will become your new favorite way of making chocolate cookies!
- These brownie mix cookies will last about 3-5 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. I think that they taste best when eaten within 2 days.
- You can add up to a cup of chocolate chips to the batter when mixing.
- You can use melted (and cooled) shortening to the batter instead of butter. The flavor and texture will change a bit but it still tastes pretty good. Better flavor results will come from using butter flavored Crisco.
Serving: 2cookies | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.4g | Protein: 2.1g | Fat: 7.9g | Saturated Fat: 3.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 35.6mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 10.4mg | Sugar: 12.9g | Vitamin A: 45.1IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.8mg