Frozen Whipped Zombie Brains
Celebrate Halloween this year with a fun and festive drink that kids and adults alike can all enjoy. These frozen whipped zombie brains are made with just a few ingredients and a blender, this drink is sure to keep you feeling cool.
Servings: 4 glasses
Cost: Recipe $3.01 / Serving $0.75
- 1 3.4oz box lime jello mix ($0.98)
- 1 cup water ($0.00)
- 2 cups heavy cream ($1.98)
- 2 tablespoon sugar ($0.01)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ($0.02)
- 6-7 cups ice ($0.00)
- 1-2 drops pink food coloring ($0.02)
Take 4 clear glasses and make zombie faces on them with dry erase markers. Be careful as the image will rub off when touched. Set glasses aside.
In a small pot on the stove combine jello and warm boiling water until dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool (but not set).
In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream with the sugar and vanilla on high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. This should take about 4-5 minutes.
In a blender combine the ice with the cooled lime jello mixture. Blend for about a minute.
Add in almost all of the whipped cream from the bowl, reserving one cup in the bowl. Blend again until well combined and no large ice chunks remain.
Add a drop or two of pink food coloring into the whipped cream and blend until combined and the leftover whipped cream is all pink.
Divide the green drink between your 4 glasses and spoon the pink brains over the top. Serve immediately.
- Make sure that the jello mixture is chilled to room temperature before using or else you'll need to add in another cup or two of ice (which could water down the flavor a bit).
- Adding in ice will help to get it to a thicker consistency.
- The pink brains on top are just reserved whipped cream blended with a drop of pink food coloring and then spooned on top so it looks chunky instead of smoothly piped on. Zombies' brains aren't meant to be pretty, right?
- If you want a more "permanent" zombie face on glasses you can use a black permanent marker but make sure that it's a glass cup and not plastic (unless you're using clear disposable cups). You can easily remove a permanent marker from a glass by wiping it with an alcohol wipe.
- If desired you don't have to dissolve the mix first, but I do recommend it. Without the dissolving, the texture of the lime jello slushy will be a bit gritty which can be unpleasant to some. With the dissolving, the drink is able to remain creamier.
Serving: 1glass | Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.1g | Protein: 1.7g | Fat: 21.6g | Saturated Fat: 13.8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.5g | Trans Fat: 0.7g | Cholesterol: 67.8mg | Sodium: 30.6mg | Potassium: 58.7mg | Sugar: 8.2g | Vitamin A: 246.6IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 50.4mg | Iron: 0.1mg