Wild rice pilaf is a delicious and flavorful rice dish with fresh veggies. The perfect side dish for chicken, salmon, or even Thanksgiving!
– 2 Tablespoons Olive oil – ½ Onion, diced – 2 large Carrots, peeled and sliced – 2 stalks Celery, chopped – 2 cups Wild Rice Rice-a-Roni boxes – 3 cups Chicken broth or veggie stock – Salt and pepper to taste
– In a large saucepot, add your olive oil over medium high heat until it begins to sizzle.
– Toss in your onions, carrots, and celery.
– Stir until the onions are translucent and the carrots and celery are softer (not too soft). They'll continue to cook in the broth so you don't want them too soft or they'll be mushy!
– Add your dry rice. If using Rice a Roni, omit the seasoning packet (we only need the rice inside).
– Stir together until the white grains of rice are brighter in color.
– Pour in your broth, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
– Place the lid on top and reduce the heat to low. Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the water looks absorbed.
– Turn off the heat, remove the lid, and fluff with a fork.