I've been making these swiss cheese and green onion stuffed chicken roll ups for years and they're always a big hit. They're easy to prepare and fun to slice into. Serve them up for any occasion.
– 4 large Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless – 8 slices Swiss Cheese – 1 cup Green Onions – 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning – 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley – 1/4 teaspoon Salt – 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder – 1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs – 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded – 2 large Eggs – 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
– Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
– In a small bowl combine the green onions, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
– Trim your breasts as needed and then lay them between two pieces of plastic wrap. Use a meat tenderizer to hit them several times to flatten them as much as you can without hurting the integrity of the chicken. You don't want it to fall apart.
– Remove the plastic wrap and place 2 slices of swiss cheese on top of each breast, trying to create a nice layer that covers the top of the meat. Some of the cheese can overlap but you don't want it hanging off of the edges too much.
– Divide your green onion mix between the four breasts and place it in the center of the cheese.
– Roll up your chicken breasts from the large side to the small side and secure with toothpicks.
– On one plate pour the flour. On another plate mix the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. In a pie plate or bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Set them up in front of you like an assembly line.
– Roll the secured breasts in flour, dip in the egg, and then dip in the cheesy bread crumbs before placing on a baking sheet.
– Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.