These pepperoni pizza sticks are made with homemade pizza dough and packed with cheese and pepperoni.
Baked until melty and perfect then dipped in marinara sauce. You're going to love this simple snack or appetizer recipe!
– 3/4 cup Warm Water – 1 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast – 2 cups All-Purpose Flour – 1 teaspoon Granulated Sugar – 3/4 teaspoon Salt – 1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil – 40 Pepperoni Slices – 8 ounces Mozzarella Cheese, sliced into blocks Herb Butter Topping – 3 Tablespoons Butter – 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano – 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley – 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder – Marinara Sauce (for dipping)
– In a large bowl, add your warm water and yeast. Let sit for a minute or two until it looks foamy. If it doesn't foam up within 5 minutes, toss it out and try again.
– Add in the flour, sugar, salt, and olive oil, stirring to combine. The dough will appear shaggy.
– Lightly sprinkle a work surface with flour and then turn the dough out onto the counter. Knead for about 5 minutes until elastic and smooth. Try to incorporate the dough pieces that didn't originally want to stick.
– Place the dough back into the bowl and then rest it on top of the stove as the oven preheats to 500 degrees F. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
– Roll the dough out into a big rectangle.
– Mentally divide the dough into 6 sections and arrange 4 pepperoni pieces and a piece of cheese into the center of each section.
– Use a pizza cutter to divide it into 6 pieces that are equal (or almost equal) in size. Cut around the pepperoni's using them as a guide to make sure you have plenty of dough to use.
– Fold the dough up and over the meat and cheese, sealing it closed by pinching the dough as needed.
– Gently roll into oval breadstick shapes and place onto a baking sheet.
– In a small bowl combine the butter, oregano, parsley, and garlic powder. Whisk together until well mixed.
– Brush over the top of the pepperoni sticks.
– Bake for 10 minutes until golden.