With strawberry jam, cream cheese, and puff pastry you to can make a tasty strawberry cream cheese turnover that's perfect for brunch!
A simple glaze on top makes these treats irresistible.
– 1 puff pastry sheet – 6 Tbsp strawberry jam – 2 ounces cream cheese Egg Wash – 1 large egg – 1 tsp water Glaze – 1 cup powdered sugar – 1/4 tsp vanilla extract – 1-2 Tbsp milk
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
– Roll out thawed puff pastry sheets and using a pizza cutter or knife, cut into 6 squares.
– Cube the cream cheese by dividing the 2 ounces into 2 one ounce sized pieces and then cutting each of those into 3 pieces. Place on piece in the center of each puff pastry square and slightly spread it around the center.
– Place one tablespoon of jam into the center of each square on top of or next to the cream cheese.
– Take one corner of the square and pull it up and over to the opposite one, creating a triangle. Run your fingers along the edge to seal and use a fork to crimp. This will help keep filling from falling out.
– In a small bowl, beat together the egg and water for the egg wash and brush over the top of each turnover.
– Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until a nice shade of golden brown.
– Let cool on the sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
– In a small bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the top of the turnovers and let set for 5 minutes before eating, careful as filling may still be HOT.