Using just 3 or 4 ingredients you can have a wonderful batch of sugar free strawberry jam. This jam is a healthy alternative that tastes great with toast and biscuits.
– 1 pound Fresh Strawberries – 1 Tablespoon Water – 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds – 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice – 1 Tablespoon Honey
– Wash and hull your fresh strawberries before cutting them into quarter sized pieces.
– Add your strawberries to a medium sized saucepan and cook for about 6-8 minutes over medium heat, until the berries are pretty soft.
– Remove from heat and add in lemon juice. Stir.
– Mash strawberries with a potato masher until your desired level of chunkiness.
– Stir in the chia seeds and honey before returning the pot to the stove.
– Cook for about 5 more minutes while stirring consistently to prevent sticking.
– Set the pan aside, turn off the heat and allow the jam to cool before handling. At this point you can take a small spoonful and sample the jam to see if you would like to make it sweeter or not. Is so, add in more honey now to get it to where you want it. Don't mind the chia seed texture as they will soften.
– Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for at least 4 hours before using.