Why make a bunch of treats when making one is just as easy? Within a few short minutes, you can have your own personal rice krispie treat in a mug. Gooey, sweet, and the perfect treat or late night snack.
– ½ Tablespoon Butter – ½ cup Crispy Rice cereal – ½ cup Mini marshmallows
– Measure out the ingredients and keep them close by as this recipe will progress quickly.
– Add your butter to a 16 ounce microwave safe mug.
– Heat in the microwave for 10 seconds or until fully melted.
– Add in the mini marshmallows. You do not need to stir.
– Heat for 30 seconds.
– Add in the cereal.
– Stir together to combine.
– You can choose to eat the treats right now, or you can wait. Waiting 1-2 minutes will soften the cereal and make the treat taste more like the traditional rice krispie treats you know and love.
– Waiting 5 minutes before eating will allow the krispie treat to cool down enough that you can form the mixture into an actual rice krispie square if that's what you'd prefer.