Did you know that Santa picks favorites? It's true, and these cookies are his absolute FAVORITE.
Rumor has it that those who leave these out will get the best gifts under the tree.
– 3 cups all-purpose flour – 1 box (3.4 ounce) Cheesecake Jell-o Instant Pudding – 2 tsp cornstarch – 1 tsp baking powder – 1 tsp baking soda – 1 tsp salt – 1 cup unsalted butter, softened – 1 cup brown sugar – 1 cup white sugar – 2 tsp vanilla – 2 large eggs, room temp – 1 cup milk chocolate chips – 1 cup Red and Green Holiday M&Ms
– In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cheesecake pudding dry mix, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
– In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
– Add in the vanilla and mix to distribute.
– And in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
– Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of egg mixture and mix until well combined.
– Fold in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
– Scoop the dough into 2 tablespoon sized scoops and place on a parchment lined baking sheet at least 2 or 3 inches apart.
– Place the sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Alternatively you can let the dough chill in a covered bowl in the fridge for a few hours. Let unused dough sit covered in the fridge to avoid getting too warm as it waits.
– Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes until the edges look set. Let cool for 10-30 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to the cooling wrack.
– Continue until all cookies have been cooked and cooled.