Your favorite marshmallowy cereal treats packed with scattered chocolate pieces in every square.
These chocolate chip Rice Krispies are easy to make and so much fun to eat.
– 1/4 cup butter – 5 cup mini marshmallows – 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal – 1 cup chocolate chips
– In a large pot melt your butter over medium or low heat.
– Stir in the mini marshmallows and cook until dissolved, stirring occasionally.
– Remove from heat. Stir in rice crispy cereal.
– Wait about 2-3 minutes for the mix to cool down before quickly stirring in the chocolate chips. Move quickly and carefully as the chocolate will melt from the residual heat.
– Press the rice crispies into the bottom of a greased 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. Let sit for about 2 hours to cool and for the chocolate to set before serving.