These Rice Krispie treats are unlike anything you've ever had before.
Made with actual cake mix we can get a great red velvet flavor with very little effort.
– 1 cup red velvet cake mix (JUST THE DRY POWDER!) – 1 Tbsp cocoa powder – 5 cups Rice Krispie Cereal – 10 ounce mini marshmallows – 4 Tbsp butter – 1/2 tsp red food coloring – 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
– Add your cake mix powder to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Mix well to break up any chunks. Set aside to cool.
– In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
– Stir in marshmallows and cook until melted, stirring occasionally until marshmallows are fully melted. Remove from heat
– Stir in red food coloring.
– Whisk in cooked and cooled cake mix, and cocoa powder until no streaks remain.
– Stir in cereal until well mixed.
– Pour mixture into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
– Press down the top of the cereal in pan to make into a compressed even layer.
– Melt your white chocolate chips in a bowl for 30 seconds, stir and then heat for another 30 seconds, stirring after.
– Drizzle or spread the chocolate over the krispies. Let set.