These banana orange muffins are a great snack or breakfast treat. Made with ripe bananas, orange zest, and extract, you end up with moist muffins packed with flavor in every bite.
– 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas, about 2-3 ripe – 1/3 cup vegetable oil – 1 tsp baking soda – 1/4 tsp salt – 1 tsp orange extract – 1 tsp vanilla extract – 1 large egg – 1/2 cup sugar – 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour – 1 teaspoon orange zest
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line your muffin tray with paper liners or spray well with cooking spray.
– Peel your bananas and add them to a large mixing bowl. Mash until no large chunks remain.
– Add in the vegetable oil. Stir together until combined.
– Add in the baking soda, salt, and orange zest. Mix well until distributed.
– Add in the sugar, vanilla extract, orange extract, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
– Add in the flour. Stir until no flour streaks remain. Do not overmix.
– Scoop the batter into the muffin trays filling them about 2/3s of the way full.
– Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.