When you want a blueberry muffin for breakfast but don't need several dozen sitting on the counter, here's a great small batch recipe for you to try!
– 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil – 1/2 cup granulated sugar – 1 large egg – 5 Tablespoons milk – 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract – 1 pinch salt – 1 teaspoon baking powder – 3/4 cups flour – 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
– Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
– Line a muffin pan with paper liners and then set it aside.
– Add your vegetable oil, sugar, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together to combine.
– Add in the egg. Whisk together until fully incorporated.
– Add the milk. Whisk again until smooth.
– Add in the baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
– Whisk in the flour until no white streaks remain. Be careful not to overwork the batter as you go.
– Add in the blueberries. Gently fold them together until well distributed. Overmixing may cause blue streaks in the batter.
– Use a medium-sized cookie scoop or an ice cream scooper to fill each muffin cup 2/3rd of the way full. Top with some additional blueberries., if desired
– Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.