This puff pastry egg tart recipe is perfect for breakfast and brunch!
An easy recipe with little prep and minimal ingredients is always a welcomed treat in the morning!
– 6 large eggs – 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed Optional toppings – 3 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese – 2 Tbsp sliced green onions
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
– Slice thawed puff pastry into 6 equal sized pieces by cutting in half down the middle and then dividing each section into 3.
– Place each square of puff pastry on the baking sheet, evenly spaced.
– Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
– Remove from oven and while using a sharp knife, slice a square into the top of each puff pastry, leaving a 1/4 inch border around the top.
– Press down the cut squares, making a square hole in the puff pastry. Repeat for all 6 pieces.
– Divide the shredded cheese between all 6 squares and place it in the square pockets.
– Crack an egg into a bowl and then pour it into each pocket. Do not crack egg directly into puff pastry because removing egg shells will be a pain.
– Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until soft set or continue cooking for a harder yolk.
– Top with sliced green onions, salt and pepper as desired.