Zucchini penne pasta is a vegetarian dinner option perfect for fresh summer squash. It's tangy and perfect for hot summer days when you want to eat a lighter meal.
– 16 ounces Penne noodles – ½ cup Reserved pasta water – 4 Tablespoons Butter – 1 Tablespoon Olive oil – 4 teaspoons Garlic, minced – 1 teaspoon Salt – ½ teaspoon Black pepper – 2 large Zucchini, chopped – 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved – 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice – ½ cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
– Bring a pot of water to a boil and add in your penne pasta.
– Cook as directed on the product packaging until al dente.
– While the pasta is cooking, prepare the zucchini mixture.
– Wash your zucchini and slice in half. Remove the ends.
– Chop each zucchini half into 1/4 inch thick slices. Set aside for now.
– In a large pan, add your olive oil, butter, and minced garlic.
– Sautee together until the butter has melted and the garlic is fragrant.
– Add in the zucchini, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 8 minutes until softened.
– Add in halved cherry tomatoes during the final minute or two of the zucchini cooking.
– Cook for the remaining time and allow the cherry tomatoes to soften.
– Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining the pasta into a colander. Add drained pasta to the pan with the zucchini and tomatoes.
– Add in the lemon juice and water. Mix well to combine.
– Add in the shredded parmesan cheese.
– Mix well until the pasta is evenly coated.