Peanut butter banana mug cake is a simple treat perfect for making just one or two servings. You'll get a cupful of savory sweet banana bread in just minutes.
– 1 mashed banana (about 1/3 cup) – 1 egg – 2 teaspoon vanilla – 1/2 tsp baking powder – 1 tbsp peanut butter – 1 tbsp milk – 2 tbsp brown sugar – 3 tbsp flour – pinch salt (about 1/8tsp)
– Place a peeled ripe banana into a small mixing bowl or large cereal bowl.
– Mash until no large chunks remain.
– Add in the egg, milk, and vanilla.
– Add the peanut butter.
– Whisk until the peanut butter is fully incorporated. This might take a moment.
– Add in the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
– Whisk until just combined. Do not overmix.
– Divide the mixture between two mugs and cook for 1 minute each (one at a time).
– OR make one large serving in a mason jar.
– Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes or until the top is no longer wet (a small spot is okay, but you don't want it to look undercooked and soggy).
– Cool for two minutes before serving.