Whether you're looking for a party sub, a cold dinner idea or simply wanting an easy to pack picnic lunch, this giant sub sandwich is perfect for them all!
Made with just a few ingredients this recipe is both easy and frugal!
– 1 loaf Italian Bread – 4 ounces Sliced Turkey Lunch Meat – 4 ounces Sliced Ham Lunch Meat – 6 slices Cheddar Cheese – ⅛ cup Yellow Mustard – ¼ cup Mayonaise – Pickles – Iceberg Lettuce Other optional toppings – Sliced Tomatoes – Sliced Onions – Sliced Black Olives
– Lay your loaf of Italian bread onto a cutting board. Using a large bread knife cut the sandwich along the side/middle area so that it creates a top and bottom half.
– Lay the two halves side by side with the cut sides facing up. On one, spread your mayo over the top. On the other, spread the mustard. Spread well to coat so that there are no blank spots on the bread. You can use more or less as desired.
– Top one half with your slices of cheese so that it's well covered. Arrange leaves of lettuce on the other.
– Take your meat and fold the slices as needed to cover the sandwich well.
– Add any pickles, tomatoes, onions, or olives over the top of the other half.
– Take the half that doesn't have the additional toppings and turn it and place it on top of the others, so that the fillings are touching and the bread is on the outside. Then flip the whole sandwich so that the top is facing up.
– Using a large bread knife, cut the sandwich into serving sized pieces. I find it best to cut the sandwich in half and then repeat by cutting each half in half until I get to the desired slice size.
– Serve with any potato chips, cold fruit, or lemonade as desired.