If you love Oreo cookies, then you're going to love this Oreo buttercream frosting. It's perfect spread over layer cakes or cupcakes, and it's easy to make too!
– 4 cups Powdered Sugar – 3 sticks Butter, Room Temp – 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract – 3-4 Tablespoons Milk – 10 Oreo Cookies
– Add your cookies to a food processor or a large gallon sized baggie.
– Pulse or mash into fine crumbs. The smaller the better, especially if you plan on using a piping tip as large cookie pieces can clog the tips. Set aside.
– In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and powdered sugar.
– Mix well with an electric mixer until the mixture is creamy and light.
– Add in the vanilla.
– Mix again to combine.
– Add in your cookie crumbs.
– Mix well to combine. The frosting will be thick.
– Add in the milk, one tablespoon at a time, mixing after each until your desired consistency.
– The cookie crumbs will soften as the frosting ages.
– If needed, place the cookies n cream frosting into the fridge to chill until easy to use.
– Spread or pipe frosting over cooled cakes, cupcakes, or cookies as desired.