Packed with cookies and white chocolate, these Oreo rice Krispie treats are unlike any other. A wonderful experience in every square, these are one treat you won't want to share.
For the Rice Krispie Treats: – 6 Tablespoons butter – 12 ounce large marshmallows (or 16 ounce bag mini marshmallows) – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – 8 cups crispy rice cereal – 1 cup Oreo cookies, chopped – 1 cup white chocolate chips For the Topping: – 1/2 cup white chocolate chips – 1/2 cup Oreo cookies, chopped
– Grease the inside of an 8x8 baking dish (for THICK treats) or a 9x13 baking dish (for STANDARD size) with butter. Set aside.
– In a large pot, melt your butter over medium-low heat.
– Add in the marshmallows and stir until they are almost completely melted.
– Stir in the white chocolate chips and continue to cook until the chocolate has fully melted.
– Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the vanilla until blended.
– Add in the chopped Oreo cookies and cereal.
– Stir together until evenly coated in marshmallow.
– Transfer the mixture to your prepared baking dish. Lightly press into the pan using a greased spatula or wooden spoon.
– For the topping, place your white chocolate chips into a small bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring between each until smooth.
– Drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the rice krispie treats.
– Top with the remaining chopped Oreos.
– Let rest for about an hour or so, until the chocolate and cereal treats have set.