These vegan slider buns contain no dairy or eggs but still give us a fluffy, chewy bread perfect for your next BBQ.
Use these vegan slider rolls for appetizers or a main course, but make enough for everyone because they're going to go fast.
– 2 ½ cups All-purpose flour or bread flour – 2 ¼ teaspoons Yeast (one packet) – 1 ½ teaspoons Salt – 1 cup Warm water (about 110 degrees F) – 3 Tablespoons Vegetable or olive oil – 2 Tablespoons Granulated sugar
– In a bowl whisk together the flour, yeast, and salt.
– Make a well in the center and add to it the sugar, oil, and water. Stir to combine.
– Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Feed it more flour as needed to get it no longer sticky. You may need to add up to another cup of flour.
– Place in a greased bowl and cover. Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour in a warm place.
– Punch down and divide into 12 equal sized pieces. I like to roll them into balls, flatten them and then tuck the edges up and underneath so I create a rounded top (like a bell shaped mushroom) so that they bake with a smoother appearance on top.
– Place into a greased 9x13 baking dish. There will be space between each roll.
– Cover again and rise until doubled (about another hour). The rolls should be touching their neighbors now.
– Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
– Brush top with a vegan butter spread or olive oil immediately after removing from oven.