This is a shake your own ice cream recipe that kids will love! From start to finish, the steps are easy and fun.
Keep reading to see how to make your own strawberry mason jar ice cream.
– 1/2 cup heavy cream – 1 tbsp sugar – 1 tsp vanilla – 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
– Wash your strawberries and place them on a cutting board. Chop with a knife carefully to make them small pieces about the size of a fingernail. These chunks will not get smaller so keep in mind you'll be eating them at that size as you enjoy your ice cream later.
– Measure your heavy cream and pour it into a mason jar.
– Add your sugar to the jar.
– Add the vanilla.
– Slide the strawberries into the jar and close the lid nice and tightly.
– Shake the jar really good for about 3 minutes.
You'll feel the texture within the jar change slightly and the mix should be thick enough to cling to a spoon when dipped, without running off more than a drop of two.
– Place the jar in the freezer and let it freeze for at least 3 hours before eating.