Celebrate Earth Day with a sweet treat that the kids are sure to love! Cake, whipped cream, and blue jello come together to create personal sized desserts that everyone can enjoy.
– 2 boxes blue raspberry Jello – 4 cups water – 1 container Cool Whip Cake – 1/3 cup canola oil – 1/2 cup milk – 3/4 cup sugar – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – 2 large eggs – 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour – 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder – 1/4 teaspoon salt – 6-8 drops green food coloring
Prepare Cake – Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease the inside of an 8 inch or 9 inch round cake pan. – In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, milk, sugar, vanilla, and eggs until combined. – Add in the flour, salt, and baking powder until mixed. Stir in the green food coloring until color is achieved and incorporated.
– Pour the green batter into your prepared cake pan. Bake 25-30 minutes in the oven or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean. – Let cool completely on a wire rack before use. – When completely cooled, break the cake apart into crumbs and set it aside in a bowl. I like to use just the inside of the cake so that I don't get the golden tops and sides.
Prepare Jello – Prepare the jello as directed on the box and pour it into a bowl or square container. Chill until set. – When ready to use, use the prongs of a fork to rake across the jello and make it turn into smaller pieces. Set aside.
Assemble – Arrange some green cake crumbs as the base in 8 parfait containers.
– Add some blue jello over the top of the cake, filling it to the halfway point.
– Add some whipped cream to the container, pressing it along the sides and not filling the parfait container more than 2/3 of the way full.
– Add some more blue jello over the whipped cream, until the container is filled.
– Place into the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour or serve right away.
– If desired you can add a dollop of whipped cream on top of the sky blue jello.