With this easy canned corn recipe, you'll always have a tasty side dish to serve up with your meal. Made with basic ingredients, this recipe is as frugal as it is tasty!
– 15 oz sweet whole kernel corn, 1 can drained – 1/4 cup water – 2 tablespoons butter – 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon dried parsley – 1/2 teaspoon salt – 1/4 teaspoon black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon paprika – 1 pinch red pepper flakes
– Drain the liquid from the can of corn. I recommend rinsing the corn off in a colander under cool water, but that step is optional. Set aside for now.
– Add your butter to a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
– Add in the water and dry seasonings.
– Stir in the drained corn.
– Simmer and cook until the liquid has almost completely evaporated from the pan. This will take up to 5 minutes or so.
– Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.